Errands (Podrick Payne x reader)

"Y/N, I require a few things from the market today," Lady Sansa told you, handing you a list of the items she needed. "Of course, My Lady." You curtsied and left the young lady's chambers, making your way to the gate of the Red Keep. You were studying the list carefully and didn't notice anyone else around until you ran into something solid. "Are you alright, Y/N?" your friend, Podrick Payne asked you. You nodded. "Forgive me, Pod. I wasn't looking where I was going." Podrick smiled at you sweetly.

"Are you heading to the market?" he asked you, taking note of the list in your hand and the basket hanging from your arm. "I am. Lady Sansa needs a some things." The guards opened the gates as you approached. You wanted to get to the market as quickly as possible so you could get back. "May I join you? Lord Tyrion requires more wine and asked me to fetch some." You readily agreed. You enjoyed spending time with Podrick. He was a kind young man and managed to make life at the Red Keep easier.

While you walked, the two of you caught up on everything that had happened that week. It wasn't as if you hadn't seen one another, but usually they were quick conversations when you passed each other in the corridors. You giggled at the things Podrick told you about Lord Tyrion when he was drunk, which was quite often and you wished it could be like this all the time. You were close to Podrick, but you liked him more than a friend and, if the lingering glances were any indication, he liked you too. Then again, you could have been misreading his signals. You weren't about to invite rejection.

Suddenly, you were being pulled over to a wall, Podrick blocking you in as several horses went thundering by. Podrick was breathing heavily, glancing over his shoulder before turning back to you. His face turned red when he realized just how close he was. "Oh, um, forgive me, Y/N." He stood up straight and you nodded unable to speak for a moment. The two of you continued your walk in silence for a bit, both of you too embarrassed to speak.

"T-thank you, Podrick. I hadn't even noticed the horses," you finally said softly. Podrick beamed at you. As you continued to walk to the market, Podrick kept moving closer to you until he was able to take your hand. He did so shyly and looked to you to see if you'd back away. You were blushing again, but made no move to let go of Podrick's hand. The rest of the trip to and from the market was spent in comfortable silence, the two of you only separating when absolutely necessary.

When you returned to the Keep, you parted ways happily, but not before Podrick leaned in a gave you a soft peck on the cheek. "Good day, Y/N." You returned the farewell and made your way to Lady Sansa's chambers with a smile on your face. The events of the day had been wonderfully unexpected and you had never been more grateful to your lady. You and Podrick had been so focused on one another that you had not noticed you were being followed.

"Icannot believe that actually worked," Sansa whispered to Tyrion as theywatched from behind a stone pillar. The two observed Podrick kiss your cheekand both grinned. "Believe it, My Lady. I daresay, they will both be eagerto share today's experiences with us." With that, the two nobles bowed toone another and made their way to their own chambers where you and Podrickwould each be waiting and thinking about the other. zQUoOF43