6. Beautiful Clay

Dedicated to burnt clay and Hansatuu. A book by @hansatuu and I decided to use the characters from the book in this chapter. Clay girl & far strange. Thank you hafsat

Hansatuu
*********

Charter 6: Beautiful Clay

HAFSAT'S POV

"Hafsat, the tailor is here with your wedding dress, come and try it on" that was my aunt Safiya screaming at the top of her lungs from the stairs.

Like we wished, my two cousins and I are getting married on the same day. I always thought that would be the most amazing thing ever but I'm not sure anymore. That's why they said 'Be careful what you wish for' it might not always be in your favour. I hope this is in my favour.

I don't know how that happened but well it did. I don't know why Ammar wanted to marry me but I accepted anyways when I saw how happy Baba was about the idea.

I wasn't forced into this marriage but I felt like its more of a forced arranged marriage. There was no love in his eyes when we met, hell I didn't even see curiosity. Who asks about cars and sports on first meetings? But he sent a marriage proposal after that and my parents waited for my answer while I prayed istikara and waited for Allah's guidance. I felt positive about him so I decided to go with it. I still have fear in my heart and a certain doubt but I trust Allah will be with me.

I wanted to marry a handsome, lovely, intelligent and multi talented person. He is all that but there is something missing. Love. I wanted to give love and receive love but we don't have that mutual feeling. I also wanted someone funny and entertaining but this Ammar of a guy seems relatively boring and looks too serious.

I need someone who can withstand my mood swings and love me till eternity. I can't even begin to explain how I planned my dream wedding but from the looks of things its all gone to trash now.

"Hafsat! You need to go and try on your dress, its beautiful. How do I look?" Amina, Anty Safiya's daughter did a 360 twirl in front of me as she asked that. Her wedding gown looked beautiful.

" Wow Amina you look stunning Masha Allah." I squealed and ran down to collect my dress and try it on.
All our gowns were the same but different colors. I loved trying on new dresses but I couldn't care less about the wedding preparations because i was more worried than happy.

After my cousins and Aunts left I busied myself with Instagram. I stalked a few couples that like to show off their relationship and post pictures of each other. The married couples were always cute and all but the ones that are JUST dating are my problem. Their story is always the same.
-Find a girl!/guy
-Date them
-Show them off to the world.
-Fight.
-Let the world know that you fought
-Make up and tell the world
-Finally break up and blame the other. - If they are lucky... They marry each other.

They are insane. But I really don't care cause they keep me entertained on Instagram.

I stalked a few hot guys I saw on discover but then I remembered I was getting married. So I stopped.

I can't even have a new insta crush now..

Just as I was about to close the app - something caught my attention. It was clay_girl's profile picture.

It changed.

Last time I saw it, it was a picture of a clay pot. But now its a picture of a man and a woman holding hands. They were both wearing traditional clothes and her head tie looked like that of a bride's.