Teaser

"Are you honestly going to marry that bore Burkeley?"

Lord Vincent, Viscount Thorne, heard Lady Georgianna freeze behind him, her steps halting at the entrance of the garden. She had, no doubt, expected to find the place empty. After all, the wedding breakfast was still going on, the mindless chatter drifting on the breeze.

Had she tired of that old stick in the mud already? Thorne wondered.

Her steps continued closer, the grass wisping with her every movement. Thorne felt when she stopped behind him. It a presence that settled in his bones and made his pulse race. The scent of vanilla spice surrounded him, and it took all of his self control not to inhale deeply. Instead, he crossed one booted foot over the other, leaning back on his palms on the stone bench.

"You lost the privilege of questioning me a long time ago, Vincent," she replied, her voice so soft and composed that it irritated Thorne's skin, making it itch. "Quite frankly, it's none of your business."

Such a polite setdown.

Thorne laughed, but the sound grated harshly in the back of his throat.

He wasn't sure what came over him then. Perhaps lack of sleep? The stress of the past week with Greyson and Charlotte's lives being in danger?

Having to live with Georgianna only rooms away, ignoring him completely while his dreams were haunted with her?

Whatever it was, it had that damned roguish devil on his shoulder whispering into his ear.

"What if I told you," he drawled, his voice carrying over his shoulder, "that I have a proposition for you?"

Thorne held his breath for her answer.

To be continued...

Loving Lady Georgianna! Up on my profile now. Go check it out! 

I also made it easy and posted the link below! So...Go, go, go! :D

https://www.wattpad.com/story/80006907-loving-lady-georgianna