Chapter Thirty One

Abby's P.O.V.

"It's been so long since we've had a girl's day," Anna squeals as she hangs on to my arm and drags me into the mall. I haven't seen Anna in a little over two weeks and I think she's having withdrawal symptoms or something, which is actually quite surprising since I use to be the one always obsessed over spending time with her.

"It h-hasn't been t-that long," I say trying to feel better about myself for not attempting to call her in so long. I've probably been a pretty crappy sister lately. I mean I could use the excuse that I was indeed attacked by my ex, but I still could have called her.

After shopping in several  stores Anna finally decides to take a break and we sit down in a small cafe. I've noticed that she's been quite fidgety all day. Also she's bought me a lot of stuff...which is very unlike Anna. The only times she's ever bought me anything were when I either begged or it was a holiday.

"Soooo...how's it going?" She asks sipping her coffee nervously. Her eyes seem to flicker around the room, stopping on everything but me.

"Fine," I say narrowing my eyes at her. "What's g-going on w-with you?"

"Nothing," she says far too quickly.

"A-anna I know when-"

"You know?" She asks as her eyes open wide. "So it's not a surprise? I'm so glad that you already know! Wait! Who told you!? Was it F-"

"I h-have no idea w-what you're talking about."

"Oh," she sighs before looking back up at me. "Well the thing is...I'm getting married!"

"Excuse m-me?"

"I'm getting married Abs!"

"I t-think I h-heard you wrong," I shake my head at her. My sister couldn't have possibly just said to me that she's getting married. That's preposterous. "D-did you just say t-that you're g-getting carried?"

"No Abby I'm getting married," she says sounding slightly more chipper than before. "And I want you to be my maid of honor."

What the actual fudge?

I know good and well that Anna knows she can't get married while she's still so young and in college. She's only twenty one! Our parents would never approve.

"Anna-"

"I know you've got a lot going on," she says grabbing my hands from across the table. "But it would literally make me the happiest person in the world if you would be the maid of honor."

"W-what about mom and d-dad?" Our parents have very openly expressed their thoughts about people getting married before they have a stable home and job. Let's just say that they didn't have very good things to say about it. "You c-can't do this right n-now Ann."

"But I love him Abs," she stares at me with puppy dog eyes and I almost want to glare right back and slap some sense into her.

"Who is i-it?"

"What?"

"W-who is it?" I raise my eyebrows at her as she shifts uncomfortably in her seat.

"Oh...you want to know who the other bridesmaids are! Well it's-"

"No," I shake my head from frustration.  "W-who's the guy?"

"Oh...you mean the best man! Well-"

"Who the hell are you marrying!?"

Anna jumps a little, slightly shocked by my shouting at her. But seriously, how could she not expect me to be freaking out? She's getting married to some guy she's obviously already hesitant about telling me his name, which isn't a good sign. What am I going to do if it's somebody I hate? Or somebody else who used to fortune me in high school? Or even worse, what's if it's some horns old guy she met online.