Chapter cinco

Hades' PoV:

"Do I really have to?" I groan, hoping she would say no. But knowing my grandmother, there's no place for discussion. Somehow my grandma and her old friend reunited again. She didn't tell me where we were going, just to dress fine and brush my hair.

When I was younger, she used to do that all the time. I would be bored to hell at her old friend's houses. There was only this one time where one of her friends had their grandchild over and I thought maybe this wasn't so bad after all. But that kid was weird. Seriously, we had raisin bread for dinner and I personally hate raisins. I don't know why they are a thing. But however, this kid was picking them out, one for one and ate them all at the same time. That was disgusting and actually the last time I let grandma drag me to one of her old friends.

"You are coming. We're leaving in ten minutes. If you're not ready by then, oh you don't even want to know." She threatens me and I put on a sneaky smirk.
"I'm nineteen, you can't force me." I cross my arms over my chest. Before I'm able to realize what's happening, her right hand grips my ear and pulls on it. My eyes widen in surprise and I let out a painful cry.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow. Grandma stop!" I cry out, my voice reaching an embarrassing octave higher. She pulls me down to meet her eyes. Considering the fact that she's like three heads smaller than me, that's quite impressive.
"Didn't I teach you to respect your elders with all their wishes and needs?" She asks and I can hear myself gulp. My ear is still burning and it feels like it is about to fall off any second.

"You did." I murmur. God, she really did. Maybe it won't be that bad. Well, that's all I can hope for. My hands shoot up to my burning ear when she finally lets go of it. Always so violent. I wouldn't say my grandmother was aggressive or something. But I wouldn't consider her peaceful either.

My grandma is a person to get used to and I'm happy she still has friends. I'm hoping that when I'm old and grey I'll still have my best friends around. I don't even need a lot. I think over the years it will get clear who of my friends are to keep and who are not. I should let her have her moments and conversations with her friend. I mean I've been away for two years and as soon as I put my foot into this house I'm complaining. I roll my eyes.

"You have five minutes." With that, grandma leaves the kitchen. Five minutes it is.

><><><><

"Why would you say something like that?" She screams at me, tears dripping down her face. I take a step closer to her with the thought of hugging her and apologizing, but she takes a step back, not willing to let me do so.
"I'm sorry." I murmur, not quite answering her question because I would only hurt her more.

She suddenly looks at me with a weird expression. Her face changing from wet and crying into dry and cold in milliseconds.
"Hades." She whispers over and over.
Emma...

"Hades!" I snap my eyes open and look around myself. Only to realize that I must've fallen asleep in the car. I sit up straighter and clear my throat when grandma gives me a weird look.

"Sorry. Are we there yet?" I look out of the window, frowning at the familiar house. No. When I look back at nana, her face is pleading me not to make a drama out of this, but I shake my head. No way am I going in there.

"No." I cross my arms over my chest and clench my jaw. Why would she even try to make me go in there. Nothing will be able to get me in her house. Nothing.
"No?" Abuela asks in a suspiciously calm tone of voice. I raise an eyebrow and shake my head slowly, covering my ears. What is she up to?

"Oh, so you want me to tell everybody in there that my grandson is too shy to face his old love again, because she became so much more beautiful than before and he never thought that was possible?" She smirks and my eyes widen before they glare at the old woman in front of me.