work together • blake griffin

Keep it real around me when I'm here

Don't get lost 'round here

This new life is like a breath of fresh air

I worked my ass off so it's fair

She no fear around me, you know I can see

How I Feel~Roy Woods

--------------------

Blake waited in his car outside of Briana's house as he dialed her number. Her phone only rang three times until she picked up.

"What's up, Blake?" Bri answered cheerfully as she stopped folding her laundry.

"You want to go out to eat with me right now? I've got some free time for my bestie."

"I thought DJ was your bestie?" Briana answered.

"Well, technically I knew you first. So, you're my bestie, DJ is my backup."

Briana and Blake met in college, they had statistics together and Blake isn't so well with numbers unlike Briana. Him being a star on their basketball team, he needed to keep his grade up in that class. He bugged Bri until she agreed to help him.

Now, Bri was trying to think of any reason not to go out with Blake. She'd started a new diet, and was doing such a great job of keeping up with it; she didn't want to ruin it.

"Blake, I would love to, but I can't."

"Why not sweetheart? I'm already outside." Blake gets out of his car, moving to stand in front of it.

Briana peeks out of her window from upstairs, as he waves at her. "I just can't Blake."

"Unlock the door I'm coming up, sweetheart."

Blake makes his way up to her door, leaning against the wall as Briana appears in front of him.

"Blake, what are you doing?" Briana asked exasperatedly.

"That's how you greet me now, sweetheart? No hug, or anything?" Blake holds his arms out motioning for Briana to step into them.

With a roll of her eyes and a sly smile, she walked into his open arms.

"Now you tell me why I cannot take my best friend out to a nice lunch?" Blake asks entering her home and sitting on her couch.

"Blake, I'm on a diet." Briana says coming right out with it, sitting next to him.

"Why were you scared to tell me that? You know I love you for you, and if you want, I'll help out. I don't mind one bit." Blake gives Briana a smile.

"Really, Blake?"

"Yes really, you've been talking about losing weight since forever. I'm glad you finally decided to do it."

"Why don't you come with me to the gym tomorrow? It'll be fun, and I'll go easy on you." Blake says with a wink.

"Blake, I don't know." Bri replies, looking away from him.

"Hey," Blake says moving closer to Briana, using his index finger underneath her chin to make her look at him. "It will be alright sweetheart. We can do this together, alright?"

Bri nodded her head, smiling back at Blake.

-------------------

Two months later

"Two more sweetheart, push you can do it." Blake encourages Bri for the row machine.

Briana pushed through her last two, smiling once she stepped off the row machine.

"Another great one sweetheart, you're doing so good." Blake tells her while giving her a water bottle.

Over the span of two months, Briana and Blake have been working out three times a week. With all of the workouts, and the diets, Briana shed over twenty pounds.

It was all thanks to Blake showing her tough love, and not letting her quit easily or be lazy. She was happy that Blake helped her out with this, and making her feel comfortable.

The two exited the gym stopping at Blake's car.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Blake! Thanks again," Bri says starting to walk off.

"Wait, Bri. I have some things I want to say to you sweetheart." Blake says, pulling her back closer to him.

"What is it, Blake?" Briana questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I just want you to know that I am very proud of you for deciding to get healthier. You have improved so much from that first day, and I'm glad that you've stuck with it. Although, I am actually more happy that you let me help you do this." Blake sighs, moving closer and grabbing her hand.

"Blake, where are you going this?"

"I want to take you out on a date, spending all of this extra time with you has made me realize my feelings all along."

"Sure Blake, you can take me out on a date."

-----------------

I really hope you liked this Bri! _chillbreaux
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️