19

PLEASE VOTE BY CLICKING THAT STAR AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN! :)

"When your crush is talking to you and you can't believe it and you're just giving him the I'm-just-chill look but inside you're screaming

"When your crush is talking to you and you can't believe it and you're just giving him the I'm-just-chill look but inside you're screaming."

As if he regretted what he just said, his eyes darkened and he stepped away.

I curled my finger in my hand. It was vibrating.

"Are you okay?" I squawked. This time I sounded like a dehydrated rooster. My words tripped over each other, a sign of my stress level. "Are you hurt anywhere? There were four of them against you."

I saw Noah swat Drew and his evil minions like flies, but still.

His brows furrowed. "You were the one who jumped in front of me to take that punch and you're asking me if I'm hurt?"

I blinked at him. "Yes?"

He stared at me for a moment, then he sighed. "What am I going to do with you?"

He asked it in a whisper so soft, so solemn that my heart clenched.

"I'm fine. Not a scratch," he finally answered.

"I'm glad to hear that."

He was still standing, leaning against the wall, as if he was going to leave at any moment.

And I wanted him to stay.

Maybe you can tie him up?

Where's the rope?

I gestured toward the chair. "Can we sit down?"

I'd asked him twice now.

"I should go."

He'd said that twice now.

"No. Please. Don't. I have food downstairs. You want some? Food? To eat?"

He sucked his bottom lip inside his mouth, his blue eyes crinkling at the corners. I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

"I'm good, Parker."

What? No... He was supposed to be hungry.

"Okay. How about something to drink?"

He shook his head.

Crap.

I was wracking my brain on what else I could offer him so that he'd stay when I saw him grabbed the chair from my desk, turned it around so that the back was facing me and straddled it, propping his arms on top of it.

He was so tall, his legs so long that the chair looked so tiny.

He was staying.

I couldn't help but grin, and I knew I looked creepy so I turned my back to him and walked to my bed.