Sixty Three || Explosive

A sudden rush of unknown pressure runs in my head. As soon as I see the color on his face, I know that this is a wake up call. This is clear to me now that he is doing something that I don't know about.

James stares at me, not even opening his mouth to say anything.

So many thoughts run through my head now. The blood on his hands that clearly isn't his, for he has no wounds. "What the hell were you doing," I ask him in a more or less hushed tone.

He sighs and walks into the kitchen, disregarding my question.

I glare at his back as I follow him into the kitchen. He has more than enough explaining to do. He turns the tap on and started scrubbing his hands. I watched as the dark red turned brown as the water mixed. I wouldn't be mistaken that I taste metal.

We stood there for a good seven minutes as I watched him wash with hands. They were clean long ago, but we just continue to stand here like as if he is trying to tries to clean away whatever sin he has committed.

He turns the tap off and looks at me. "I fought someone," he confesses to me.

I look at him with raised eyebrows. Are you kidding me? He fought someone so badly that he caused blood. Oh, my goodness.

I can feel another headache coming on. Who the hell did he fight?

Grayson pops into my head. Grayson usually comes by on Christmas Eve, but he didn't tonight. Oh, my God.

"James what the hell?! You leave my family dinner to go fight someone? Who was it?"

I need to find out what happened right now.

He sighs, "It was Zeke."

Why on earth is he still involved with that guy? I was finished with him long ago and James is still fighting with him. How am I ever supposed to get away from that monster if James keeps on bringing him back in the picture?

"For God's sake James! What on earth are you still doing talking to him?!"

He shakes his head, "Vena, he keeps fucking my head up," he looks forward, avoiding my eyes. 

Now that surprises me. What could Zeke say to possibly get James to be this explosive?

"What do you mean?" I ask trying to again a little bit more background story. 

He dries his hands and steps away from the sink, turning and looking at me. 

"You really want to know?" he crosses his arms across his chest and leans slightly forward to me, making me feel extremely uneasy. 

I nod. I'm afraid that if I say anything at this point I may break. 

"Vena, he fucking teases me with you. He tells me at every chance he can get that he fucked you first and that he had you first," he starts off and already his chest is starting to heave. "He makes sure that I know this. He wants you so fucking badly that he is willing to remind him every single time he gets that I will never be what he was to you," I notice as his hands start to slightly shake. "So I hit him and I hit him well because I know for a fact that I broke his nose."

No words can explain that kind of rage I am feeling right now towards him, but I can't help but feel bad for him. He thinks that he doesn't mean as much to me as Zeke did. It breaks my heart that he feels this way. Never in my life have I ever felt so much love for one person in my entire life. James has compared himself to a man that committed unfaithfulness. How could he ever?

I cross my arms, not making a single move towards James. He best explain himself before I even consider forgiving him.

"Well, go on, that doesn't tell me why you left before dinner was even served."