Chapter 10

Striker made sure that it was Remy who stayed behind to look after the women. It wasn't hard to convince him. All he had to do, was promise him that Hope would cook for them. Lucky for him Snake took his suggestions about who to send where. That left him with the time needed to pull this shit off.

When he was sure everyone was gone and sure that no one was tailing him. Striker made his way to the place where he had stashed all the stuff. The first thing on the list was to get a hold of the guys. He pulled out the phone and flipped it open. They picked up on the second ring. "Were the fuck have you been!"

Striker pulled the phone from his ear and sighed. "There's no fucking time for this shit. Just be advised that the package is safe. We're pulling one last hit and it's a big one. This is what I need." Striker rattled off everything that was expected on their part.

He also went on to explain what they were doing and how many people needed to be captured. "My apologies for not being able to get in contact sooner. The package was compromised and if I would have made a move. We both would have been taken out." He was met with silence at the other end.

"I fucked up. I crossed the line. Be advised that it was mutual. I can't risk getting her killed, or worse. Used as a hostage if shit hits the fan against us. I need you to send people as fast as you can after 7'oclock in the morning the day the shit hits the fan." He scratched the stubble on his chin as he thought.

"Are you sure about this?" Zane questioned.

"I won't have her hurt. Yet I can't help to be the one to hurt her in order to keep her alive. She might never forgive me. Leave it to me to fall in love with the one thing I can never have." The gasp at the other end made him smile. "Yeah, I know. I fucked up royally this time. If I lose my job, it was well worth it."

They respected him when he said that was the end of that topic. "Just answer me one question. Was she hurt when you flipped her car?" Striker let out a deep sigh.

"What the fuck where you guys thinking. The order was for everyone to stay clear of the area." The thought of what could have happened to Hope still sent a chill down his spine.

"Are you for real? Have you not been spending time with this chick? I don't know what it is with the women around here, but they're fucking nuts." Striker figured Zane had a story of his own but this was neither the place nor the time for it. Once he was sure the plan would be followed to his liking. He hung up the phone and returned the things back to the hiding spot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back at the hideout, Hope was furious about haven been left behind to clean after the slobs. How many beer bottles were there anyway? She had gone through two rounds of one hundred bottles of beer on the wall and still, there were more shoved into the weirdest places.

"You do know he's not taking you with him right?" Hope stiffened at the sound of Tamara's voice. She straightened and turned to the offensive woman. Her chin elevated in defiance. "All he wanted from you was the information." The horrid woman smiled down at her.

Hope kept quiet out of fear for what might come out of her mouth. "I feel sorry for you. You know, no other decent guy is gonna want you." Tamara smiled down at her. "When they find out how many times Striker did you, that is."

That made Hope laugh. "Who's going to tell them? You." She rubbed her chin. "I'm guessing Snake decided not to take you with him?" Hope saw the way her eyes flared in anger and moved back in time to miss the smack she sent her way.

"Now, now you hell cats. You're supposed to be cleaning not fighting." Remy told them as he stepped between them. "Don't you know that if you make each other bleed? You'll have more to clean. My guess is that neither of you bitches are coming with us." The poor man didn't see it coming as they both slapped him at the same time. "This is what I get for trying to keep the peace. Go ahead, kill each other." He muttered as he stomped away while rubbing his cheeks.