12| pillowtalk

The minute Braelyn left I jumped on the bed that looked to be of supreme comfort and spread my arms and legs, rolling forward and back for a minute before looking up with a long satisfied sigh which was followed by a yawn.

I thought about taking the nice, long and warm shower that was much needed. The bathroom that looked like it was bought right out of a magazine.

Damn this pack and their money.

On my right was a round, white marble bathtub which had a similar shelf over the tap and on my left was a wash basin and a toilet. Their was also a complex shower over the tub which I decided to ignore at the moment.

I filled the tub with water and removed my clothes before slipping into the warm water. Even though I was quite accustomed to being a rogue, I was a girl, and a nice bath was always welcome.

I hummed a few of the random tunes that my mother used to sing to me while taking the soap that smelled a lot like the one I could sniff on my mate.

Once I was done I wrapped a huge, oversized towel around my body and walked out of the room to search for my clothes in my small duffel.

The duffel bag was lying on the floor next to an elegant floor length mirror and I bent down to pick it up.

I unwrapped the towel and was about to drop it when I heard an loud cough from behind me. I turned only for my blue eyes to meet my mates beautiful grey ones.

"What the hell!" I yelled out startled before securing wrapping the towel even tighter than before. I looked at my mate expecting his eyes to be lingering over my body like any horny male, but it surprisingly was fixed on my face.

I blushed a beet root red. What? I was almost naked in front of my Alpha mate who was looking at me as if I was the last thing on the earth. Albeit, respectfully.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him clutching my clothes in my hand and inching once again towards the bathroom.

"This is our room." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"No, this is my room." I huffed. "Braelyn said so."

"Well she must have forgotten to tell you that after your sudden escape last time-"

"Which was not from my room." I grumbled and he ignored it.

"I have decided that we are going to be sharing a room. This way, our mate bond will grow stronger which will hopefully make you stop running away from me, and I can also keep an eye on you for any troublesome behaviour." He continued.

"But-" I started.

"No arguments, little rogue. This arrangement is what I have decided and it is a done deal. " He said with finality in his voice.

"Well, I'm sorry. But usually a deal is finalized only after both parties have agreed to it." I said stiffly.

"I am sure both parties will agree to it."

"Uh, hello? I just said that I do not." I raised my eyebrow smirking.

"When it comes to matters of being close, the two parties are my wolf and yours, and little rogue, I really don't think your wolf would be angry." He said smugly and my smirk disappeared. Maybe a day back my wolf would have whacked Arden with her tail and walked away, but she was slightly more forgiving when it came to his animalistic side so I couldn't be too sure about anything.

I angrily walked into the bathroom door that was now only an inch away from me and slammed the door shut. I quickly changed into the night clothes provided to me by Pat and Jules which for some reason consisted of pink booty shorts and a hello kitty top that was long enough to cover the shorts. I would have gone to the Silver Eclipse pack to kill my two favorite girls but unfortunately those clothes were comfortable.

I saw a comb that most probably was my mates and untangled my unruly long black hair, leaving a few of the broken and loose strands in the comb to annoy Arden.

I then looked at Arden who was sitting on the bed, typing away on his black laptop that was making a slight buzzing sound in the quiet night.

"I will sleep on the bed and you," I pointed at him before dragging my finger across the room, "will sleep on the couch." He looked up at me confused.

"The bed is king sized Rose, I'm sure that despite my tall manly frame we can fit together. You're not that fat." He teased me, grinning.

"We are not sleeping on the same bed." I frowned. "Who knows where your hands will roam and grope a defenceless sleeping girl."

"First, I do not need the girl to be defenceless since she would happily be with me, and second, the point is not up for argument." He looked back at his laptop.

"Hey!" I jumped up on the bed, "You have already pushed my limits making me sleep in the same room as you."

"You have done enough to make me take such measures." He smiled.

"Well, I had to take such measures because of you."

"I'm sorry." He said, suddenly sober and it made my fighting spirit reduce in a miniscule amount.

"The fight is not about that right now, we are not sleeping together if you want me to stay in this room."

"Look, I need the bed and I am not going to let you sleep on the couch or the floor."

"I would rather sleep on the floor than with you!" I stubbornly refused. It wasn't him that was the problem, at this moment I didn't trust myself enough. He just looked so damn hot without a shirt, my brain may figuratively melt away.

"How about we divide the bed into two using pillows?" He offered.

"A pillow wall?" I asked him. "You really think that will work?"

"I don't move much in my sleep. The right side is mine and left is yours."

"What if I want right?" I told him, almost as if to instigate another fight.

"Then take it." He said exasperated. "It really doesn't matter!"

I smiled secretly before taking all the excess pillows on the bed and arranging them in a long line down the centre. Arden looked at it and gave a small smile.

The pillows were pretty big and looked comfortable enough to sleep over.

Arden saw me eyeing the pillows and let out a soft laugh.

"That," He said pointing towards the pillow, "Is the no man's land."

My hopeful thoughts disappeared and I slumped over the cosy bed. Being his Luna couldn't be that bad.

"Goodnight." I chirped.

"Sleep tight." He responded.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite." I smiled. With my mates scent invading my nostrils, I got the best sleep I had ever got in a long time.

__________*__________

I love sleeping with extra pillows, even though all of them end up on the floor by morning XD