Childhood Bestfriends with Hollwyoods's Goldenboypart26

Chapter 26

………………………………………………………………………………………..

RECAP :

The breeze was gently and the air was still had the faint humidity you get just after sunset’s. We were laughing about how messy the barbeque sauce was and I was teasing Ari about how he always ends up dripping food on himself if he’s not careful.

It’s why he stays away from eating soups if he has on good clothes.

We were busy laughing and teasing together that we didn’t notice the muted sounds of a camera clicking away in the dark, or even as we drove out of the lot and home listening to the cheesy country songs on the radio.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

By the time we parked in my parent’s driveway it was just before 10:00 pm and I had a sleepy smile on my face as Ari had been holding my hand as he drove. My eyes were half closed. God this car is comfy. I could totally sleep here. 

“ Falling asleep over there, I see.” He said with a slight chuckle as he turned off the ignition and the car sank into a peaceful silence.

“Mhhm. Shhh” I said softly as I yawned.

“ Typical. Bossy even when you’re half asleep.”, I could hear the smile on his lips and smiled back. His hand was still in mine as we sat in silence, drawing small circles on the side of my hand with his thumb.

My skin tickled with the small touch, and I suddenly felt my stomach flitter with nerves, as the peaceful silence stretched out for what must have been a minute.

Oh my god – fluttering butterflies, the tension of anticipation –

How the heck did I miss this?

This is exactly first date kiss nerve’s, creeping up on me….

This is my first official date with Ari, our first date, and I am falling asleep at the end?

What am I doing?

I snapped open my eyes “ Oh god!”

“ What, you get a message from the big man?” Ari asked with a cheeky smile as he nodded up to the ceiling of the car, his dimple appearing.

I really love that dimple.

I shook my head, smiling despite myself.

This is our first date.

“ This; I just had a moment of clarity in a haze of complete stupidity on my part” I said grinning at him in what I hoped was a sexy, mystic sort of way. 

THIS IS OUR FIRST DATE!!

I mean, I know that this morning we did very nice but naughty things together and considering he’s living at my house at the moment, technically it should make the first date kiss kind of void, – but it a weird way it really doesn’t.