Chapter Ten

Josh had left over an hour ago. Our 'date' was set for tomorrow night at six. We were going to go to one of his favorite cafés.

Since then, I had started the project I was 'given'. I had multiple websites open and had already texted my mom to pick up a white poster board for me. I wanted this project done quickly. I had already found an important event to write about: Fort Sumpter, what supposedly caused the Civil War. I was in the middle of trying to find an important person from the Civil War.

All of a sudden, my phone vibrated signaling that I have a call. I pressed the answer button and then the speaker.

"Hello?" I asked once I put my phone back down on the table.

"Evie!" Kristin's voice screamed through the speaker.

"Kristin!" I mimicked her screaming.

"How's it going girl?" She asked, back in her normal voice.

"Fine." I replied quickly.

"Uh huh and I just won the lottery. What happened?" Her tone immediately changed to concerned. I smiled, Kristin could always tell when something was wrong.

"Well, there's this guy-"

"Is he cute?" Kristin interrupted.

I scoffed, "He's a complete douche bag. He is one of the most annoying, selfish, jackasses I've ever met. You would hate him."

"Does he have a name?" Kristin asked after my mini rant.

I sighed, "Ashton Carter."

I heard a 'mhmm' sound from the other side of the line. "His name sounds cute. Ashton Carter."

"Kristin, just stop. He's not cute. He's a dickhead."

"You know, that is the third name, other than his real name, that you've given him in the past two minutes." Kristin almost sounded smug.

"Well they're all true." I retorted. I heard another 'mhmm' sound from Kristin. I decided to change the subject.

"What's going on with you?" I ask.

"Well, lets see," Kristin starts, "school still sucks, so nothing new there. Oh! There's a rumor going around that we're getting a new teacher. People say he's smoking hot."

I laugh, "What about other stuff that I actually care about? How hot?"

"Like, Chris Hemsworth hot. Not including the Australian part. I heard he has blonde hair." Kristin sighed dreamily at the last part.

"You know he's a teacher, and that's against the law."

Kristin burst in a fit of laughter, "Not that way Ms. Dirty Mind. It's not against the law to think someone's hot. If it were, I'd be on the death row."

We both started laughing. Oh, how I miss her.

"So whatcha doing, right now?" I asked her after her laughter had mostly died down.

"Nothing. Talking to you and watching The Big Bang Theory on On Demand. What about you?"

"Just doing a U.S. History project. It's terrible, I have so much to do, and my partner won't even help." My hand slapped over my mouth. I didn't mean to tell her that.

"What? Who's the asshole partner?" She asked. I opened my mouth to respond but was quickly interrupted.

"Wait! It's that cute named jackass, isn't it! That douche!" Kristin shouted through the phone. I sighed, hoping she wouldn't have guessed it. I really didn't want to have this conversation with her.

"Is it him, Evie?" She asked back in her normal tone.

"Yes." I sighed.

"I knew it," she was back to shouting, "that little piece of shit!"

I sighed again, "Please don't start Kristin. I already know he is every name in the book and I have a headache from all this work."

Kristin paused for a moment, "Alright. But only for you. Anyways, besides the douche, anything else going on?"

I bit my lip, debating to tell her about my 'date'. I know she would say to go for it and start something. I just wasn't sure if I wanted that peer pressure to have Josh and I be 'something'.

"Well, there's this other guy-" I was interrupted again.

"You dog! Is he cute?" Kristin asked.

I blushed, glad that Kristin couldn't see me, "Yeah I guess." I heard her squeal on the line.

"Cute! Did he ask you on a date?"

I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt, not knowing how to answer, "Um-"

"He did, didn't he! How cute! What's his name?" Kristin squealed.

"His name is Josh." I felt surprisingly proud saying that.

"And it's not a date." I added quickly before Kristin could get any ideas.

"We'll then what is it?" She asked. I could hear the stubbornness in her voice.

"It's a get-to-know-you-date, that's not a date." I used the same words that I used with Josh.

Kristin paused, "What the hell is that?"

I laugh, "It's a date that's not a date."

"Wow thanks for clearing that off." Sarcasm was clear in her voice.

"Well I don't know how else to put it. That's what it is. Plain and simple."

"Plain and simple my ass." Kristin retorted.

I laugh, and soon Kristin joined in. Accidentally, I look at the work that I still have to do and my laugh dies down immediately.

"Hey Kristin. Do you remember that project I mentioned?" I ask her rhetorically.

"The one with the douche?"

"The very one." I respond.

"Yes."

"I have to get back to it. I'm sorry Kristin." I say, regret lacing my tone.

She sighs, "Alright Evie. Go be the goodie two shoes I know you are."

I scoff, "Goodie two shoes my ass." I repeat what she said earlier.

She laughs, but it sounds forced, "Bye Evie. Love you sister."

"I love you too Kristin." I take the phone away from my ear.

"Call me again soon or I'll hunt you down!" I hear from the speaker. I laugh and press the end button.

I put my phone down and turn toward my project. I sigh, looking at the work load. It's ridiculous that I have to do all of it by myself.

"Screw it." I say to myself. I pack up all of my school stuff and put it in my bag.

"I've done enough today," I convince myself, "I can work on it later or tomorrow. It's not even due for two weeks."

My happiness is short as I realize that I hung up with Kristin for no reason. I pick up my phone and turn on the tv, wanting to relax.

Doctor Who shows up. I quickly see what episode is on, another David Tennant one. I decide to call Kristin later. My show was on.

My brain briefly flashes to the 'date' tomorrow with Josh. My stomach plummets in nervousness, though I don't know why.

David Tennant makes a funny joke in a British accent and I laugh. I push the date thoughts out of my mind. I could worry about it tomorrow.

A/N: I know some of you wanted her to tell someone about Ashton, so here it is. Also, at lot of you have been asking, Evie is not a werewolf. Sorry if this chapter is otherwise boring. The 'date' will be the next chapter. It should also be longer. Thanks for everything guys!!!