26

Chapter twenty six: Gone

3.2.1945  

Gone.

Hermione couldn't find him anywhere, the harder she looked the less she came up with. It was like he had disappeared from the face of the planet, he'd been missing for over three months already and so have some of his Knights. She no longer saw Lestrange, Malfoy or Black in any of her classes.

She no longer saw Draco either, and she didn't no whether this was his plan or not. Nothing made sense, she had learned many things about Tom Riddle from Dumbledore. He was supposed to graduate Hogwarts before he went anywhere, she had messed up the timeline and now he was gone because of her.

Hermione shot her head up as she heard the familiar screech of an owl. The bird had dark colouration and bright yellow eyes, a small note was attached to its leg. She gently untied the letter and patted the owl on its head.

Slowly unrolling the paper she began to read.

Dear Hermione Granger,

If you ever want to see your precious boyfriend and his little followers ever again come and rescue them alone.

Where two lovers perished two more rose in their place

- G

Hermione re read the note exhaling slowly, the urge to trash everything rushed through her body. Yet she stayed perfectly still. Grabbing her bag she stood up and walked out of the library towards the room she shared with Tom. How many nights had she spent without his warm presence beside her.

She opened the door and entered grabbing everything she needed for the long journey.

"Where are you going in such a rush?" Alastair asked from behind her, Hermione jumped and glared at him.

"Don't do that, you scared me half to death!" Hermione huffed. "And none of your damn business."

Alastair whistled "Who got your panties up in a bunch?" He arched a brow. Hermione shot him another glare.

He sighed "Sorry." He murmured.

"Why are you here?" Hermione asked now suspicious, Alastair was staring intently at her his eyes were foggy.

"I've found out who almost killed you." He replied hoarsely, Hermione noticed his hands were shaking.

She took a step forward. "Please...please don't tell me you killed her." Hermione whispered. Alastair didn't say anything he just keep staring ahead at her. "Alastair?"

"That bitch deserved it!" He roared

"That bitch deserved it!" He roared. "She deserved everything I did to her. She plotted against you with Rowle, he taught her that spell that almost killed you Hermione!"