Chapter 23- OLD VERSION

Even though Kent had already seen the dress I had gotten for the dance, my stomach was tying into knots with each passing second. The boys would be here in five minutes to walk us to the gym for the dance and Jackie was finishing up the last touches of my makeup. 

 "That dress is perfect on you Jackie," Josie complimented, admiring the beautiful blue dress Jackie had picked out. She looked absolutely gorgeous, so did Josie and Holly.

 "I hope they aren't late," Holly muttered, mostly to herself, as she peeked out the window for the millionth time. 

 "I'm so excited!" Josie squealed, grabbing Holly and jumping around. Typical girls before a dance. 

 "They should be here any minute, let's get downstairs," Jackie rushed us out of her room and to the elevator. Usually the stairs would be our first option but both Josie and Jackie were wearing heels. I had opted for flats, deciding I didn't want to break an ankle tonight. We waiting patitenly for the elvator and hurried on, I tapped the main floor button multiple times until the doors finally closed. For the most part we were silent, each excited to see our dates and mostly for our dates to see us. 

 As the elevator rang and the doors swung open, Jackie and I were the first to step out into the lobby of the girls dorms. A dozen other girls were waiting impatiently in the lobby for their dates as well, the room filled with all different colored dresses. 

 "Dyllan just texted me, they're on their way over," Holly announced to the three of us girls and my heart fluttered even faster. Either the lobby was hotter than normal or I was already blushing about Kent being dressed up. I wonder how he'd look. 

 "That's Sadie Michaels!" At the sound of my name I turned to see the one and only Missy stomping towards me, a pudgy security guard and the principal on her heels. 

 "Ms. Michaels, would you please come with us?" Mr. Watson asked, motioning towards the door. The security guard was too busy catching his breath and Missy stood before me, arms crossed and a smirk I wanted to slap off of her face. 

 "What did she do wrong?" Jackie blurted out, looking as confused as I felt at the moment. Josie and Holly stepped up to the group of us as well, wanting to know what the problem was as well. 

"We were unaware of, uh, Ms. Michaels . . . living arrangements," Mr. Watson said, his voice quieter than before, probably not wanting to draw more attention than Missy had already. 

 "I was told to come here by the dean of the girls dorm!" I immediately defended myself. Being accepted into the school and then not having a dorm provided for me wasn't necessarily my fault. 

 "We'll discuss this further but we're going to need you to come with us," The security guide piped in, I guess finally able to breathe again. 

 "What about the dance?" I asked, glancing down at my dress and remembering the hours I had just spent in Jackie's dorm room getting ready for this stupid dance. 

 "Looks like you're going to miss it," Missy hissed, an evil smile spread across his glossed lips while she placed her hands on her hips. 

 The bitch had gone to the principal to get me out of her way, so she could be with Kent. 

 "You can't do that!" Josie yelled but I stopped her before she could continue yelling at our principal. 

 "Don't worry about it you guys," I tried to stay calm, or at least sound calm, but my voice was a bit shaky, "tell Kent what happened," 

 "This way Ms. Michaels," Mr. Watson motioned for me to follow him out the doors and I had no choice but to follow. 

 "This so isn't over Missy," I heard Holly threaten before I was escorted out of the building by the principal and the pudgy security guard.