Clouded Judgement

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Marlena and Wanda sat together at a coffee shop table in a relatively small part of Lagos. Natasha sat several tables away, while Sam was perched on top of a roof within the vicinity, his eyes scanning the area for anything that seemed to be out of place. Steve's job was much the same, though he remained hidden inside an apartment complex.

Marlena's anger had reached its peak now that she was within distance of Rumlow. Her patience was running low, however. She wanted nothing more than to find him and end him the way he had so unfairly ended her beloved mother. She not only wanted justice for her mother and her family, but she wanted closure, and if killing Rumlow granted her with that closure then she was game. His death would never be able to take away the pain of missing her mother, of course, but she hoped it would help ease her conscience.

As Wanda dumped her small packet of sugar into her tea, her mind drifted to the intense anger she felt for Rumlow, though she didn't let it show in her expression as Marlena did. She wanted Rumlow dead just as much as Marlena did; he had murdered her aunt and her mother figure without remorse, and that was something Wanda didn't exactly take lightly. She was tired of losing her family to the evil of the world; she felt it was about time for the evil of the world to learn their place.

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve's voice sounded through comms.

Marlena sipped at her drink while Wanda answered. "Standard beat cops, small station, quiet street—it's a good target."

"There's an ATM in the south corner which means—"

"Cameras," Marlena cut him off, pulling her baseball cap lower onto her head.

"Those cross streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes," Wanda replied, scratching her upper lip.

Marlena gazed down at the newspapers in front of her, all of which held the face of the man she couldn't wait to end. "He doesn't care about being seen, and he definitely doesn't care about making a mess on the way out," she breathed out, her anger growing as she continued staring at the news article.

"You guys see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve questioned.

The two fixed their gaze on a red Range Rover parked halfway up the street just as Steve had said. Marlena picked up her cup as she watched and pressed it to her lips, sipping at the bitter liquid in the container.

"The red one?" Wanda asked. "It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody—probably us," Natasha's voice sounded.

The corners of Marlena's mouth twitched up, and she twirled the spoon around inside her cup. "You guys know Wan and I can move things with our minds, right?"