Peter Oneshot

blub

Oneshot: Peer Pressure and Panic Attacks with Peter

"Oh c'mon, Y/N. He won't react that badly, will he? Oh yeah, he will. Who would want someone like you?" Eric taunted. He was standing above me where I was sitting in the courtyard.

   We live in Narnia, a magical land where creatures talk and no one pays attention to bullies. The Kings and Queens of the kingdom were the legendary Pevensies. There were prophecies about them as old as time itself, though the youngest was only 11 and the oldest was the same age as me, 17. Peter Pevensie. My friend and, dare I say, crush.

   Alright, don't yell at me! Have you seen him? He's brave, wise beyond his years, has the courage of entire army. He's sweet, kind and extremely handsome. He doesn't care about status. At least, that's what I try to assume. Or hope.

   Eric was the son of a noble, just like I the daughter of one. I try not to let the status get to my head, but Eric encourages it into his. He brags about his father's title as though it were his own, yet goes unnoticed. He also knows about my crush on the High King, which makes my life a living nightmare. He always wanted me to tell Peter, just because he knows my secret. Well, my other secret. He taunts me, trying to pressure me into telling him, like he wants me to lose a friend, be humiliated in front of the whole kingdom. I can usually evade him, going to the library to study instead of the courtyard, but today it was closed. Just my luck.

"C'mon, Y/N." He said, pulling me by my shoulders to my feet. I squealed, dropping my pencil and school work. One of his friends tied a blindfold around my head, while another held me still. I didn't dare make any noise, and they knew it. I didn't want to make things worse.

"Alright. We are going to take you to Peter's quarters. You are going to confess your love and make a fool of yourself." Eric said. He chuckled at something. "Correction. You are going to try to confess your love. You make a fool of yourself without even trying." He grabbed my shoulders again and kicked the back of my shins, wanting me to go forward. I started to walk slowly, not knowing where I was going or what was in front of me. I assumed nobody would notice. Eric would probably take us through the servant shortcuts.

  After many pushes and shin kicks, we made it to Peter's quarters. Eric took the blindfold off of me. I could hear people talking on the other side of the door.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked in a small voice. Eric smirked.

"Y/N, we've known each other for a while now. You must know by now that the entertainment I get is from pushing others around." He said. Hey, I never said Narnia was perfect.

"Trust me, I know that," I spat," but why me? What did I do to you?"

"Oh, Y/N." Eric grabbed my jaw and made me look him in the eyes." What's the fun in that?" He let me go and pushed me back. "Now, go to your 'true love' and confess." My heart picked up the pace. I had been trying to stall, when all I was doing was delaying the inevitable.

"Go on. Knock." He pushed me into the door, successfully making a lot of noise. I heard footsteps coming from the door and turned around to run. I saw Eric's friends standing around, making sure I didn't go anywhere. I turned back to the door. The person on the other side was messing with the lock, trying to get it opened. My eyes widened. I started shaking. My breathing was picking up. I knew I was on the verge of panicking. I didn't want to panic. Especially in front of Peter. Who was opening the door at this very second.

   I turned away from the door, but no one was there. I froze. Why wasn't I running?!

"Y/N?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around, extremely slowly. I was trying not to make any sudden movements, as to calm myself down, but it wasn't working. Especially after I saw what was at the door.

Peter was standing at the door, but he looked a lot different than usual. His hair was a mess, and his eyes looked tired. Oh, and one other thing; he wasn't wearing a shirt. 

"Y/N?" He said again, like he was trying to get my attention. I realized I had been staring, but I didn't want to meet his eyes. It would be too real then.

  He chuckled for a second."What would be too real?" He asked. I mentally cursed myself. When I was panicking I became extremely scatterbrained and out of control. I finally made my gaze shift from his perfectly chiseled body and up to his eyes.

  They were so blue. They had seen enough to make a grown man cry, yet held such caring for others. His perfect cupids-bow lips were slightly chapped.  His hair was a mess, but in a really cute way. His body was in perfect condition, though I guess being King will do that to you. Suddenly, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Y/N, are you alright?" He asked, putting a hand on my upper arm. I almost flinched.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered. I took a deep breath. "Yes, I'm fine." I tried to smooth out my dress, but my hands were shaking really badly.

"Don't take this the wrong way; are you having a panic attack?" He said, taking a step towards me."Edmund gets them, which is why I noticed the signs." Peter soothed. He rubbed my arms with his beautiful hands. I tried to say 'yes', but it came out like a jumble of syllables. I started to get dizzy. This wasn't rare. Usually my panic attacks are a lot more, well, panicky. I numbly felt my legs give out, but I was pretty removed from everything that was happening.

"Oh no you don't." Peter said. He slipped one arm around my back and the other under my knees. He picked me up in his arms before I could fall. He pushed the door open farther and took me inside, closing the door behind himself. He walked over to his bed and sat down while holding me, setting me down in his lap. He removed his arm from under my legs and put both around my shoulders.

"Hey, hey Y/N, it's alright. You're fine. You're safe." I nodded quickly, unconsciously snuggling into his bare chest." Hey, can you try a deep breath for me?" He asked. His voice was so soothing, I was already calming down. I nodded again and took a deep breath in turn with his breathing."That's it. That's great, Angel. (A/N: Oh look! A wild reference-from-another-part appeared!) Just keep doing that." I followed Peter's instructions. Breath in, breath out. Breath in, breath out. He would occasionally rub my back or my arm. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours until I calmed down, when in reality was only about twenty minutes.

"Thank you." I whispered. What else was I supposed to say?! He chuckled softly, and it sounded like music to my ears.

"No problem, Darling."