A Slight Wobble

“You’re wrong on this Y/N. He’s definitely still dreaming.”

You sighed again. Four hours on the plane with Spencer and the test of the team, the best part of those four hours arguing with Reid about a sodding film. 

“Spencer, can we not just agree to disagree here. Please?” You’d had enough. 

“No because I’m right. The totem doesn’t wobble. I’ve just watched it ten times. He’s still dreaming.”

“Spencer, it’s meant to be ambiguous. Why do you think it ends right after the slight wobble? To keep us guessing.”

“There is no wobble.”

Geez, he really hated being disagreed with. Normally, you’d have to agree with him because normally he was right. But this was one of your favourite films that he was talking about, a film you’d watched forty seven times. A film you’d spent an alarming amount of time reading up about after you’d first watched it. 

You looked around at the rest of the team who’d been watching you, arguing back and forward. “Guys…Help, please?" 

JJ leant forward in her seat, "Show me the clip.”

Spencer reset the clip, JJ leaning in to get a better view of the laptop screen. She replayed it once more when it had finished. 

“Spence, it wobbles,” she declared, sitting back in her seat. 

He glared at her. “Well you would agree with Y/N wouldn’t you. Girl power and all that.”

JJ raised her eyebrows at Reid. “How many times do I agree with you Spence? You might be a genius but you’re not right all of the time. I agree with Y/N. It’s meant to be ambiguous, and I see the wobble.”

The rest of the team gathered around his screen ready to cast their opinions on the matter. He replayed the clip again. 

“I dunno Y/N, I don’t see it. I’m with the boy wonder here.” Prentiss sat back down, Spencer flashing a grin at her. 

“Sorry kid, I see it. I’m with the pretty lady.” Morgan punched his shoulder lightly, Reid rubbing his arm at the contact. 

Agent Rossi asked for the clip to be played for a third time, before sitting back down in his seat as the plane started it’s descent. 

“Well?” Spencer asked him. 

“I’m thinking about it.”

Fifteen minutes later, he asked to watch it once more, Reid handing the laptop over to him. Rossi studied the screen once more, as the plane touched down. 

“I don’t see it. I think he’s still dreaming.”

You were two for two now and there was no way Spencer was going to let that happen. 

Spencer turned to his supervisor who was sat beside him. “Hotch, what do you think?" 

"No,” The older Agent replied. 

“See, he agrees with me. I’m right,” he smirked at you, gloating. 

“I’m not agreeing with you Dr Reid, I’m saying no to taking part in this discussion. I’m tired and just want to get off the jet and go home. You’ve rambled on about it for the last few hours. Just agree to disagree. If I hear anymore on the matter, I’ll give you a formal warning.”

“You can’t do that, we’re having a discussion about a film not a case.” Spencer’s tone was one of a child that was being told off. 

“I can and I will. You’re having this discussion on the BAU’s time. And Agent Y/N has already asked you to drop the subject once. She may choose to say that you’re harassing her.”

Haha, you liked that. 

Spencer shut his mouth and turned away from his boss. Aaron Hotchner caught your eye giving you a quick smile to let you know he was joking. 

The jet rolled into the hanger coming to a stop a few moments later. You all stood, gathering your belongings and starting to make your way to the exit door. 

Spencer was stood behind you, sulking at being told off. You heard him mutter under his breath. 

“I still say he’s dreaming.”

“Oh for the love of God!” You spun around to face him, putting your hands out on his chest to stop him walking into you. “Did you not hear Hotch? Shut the hell up already! You may a genius, but you are not always right. For once, either let someone else have an opinion or agree to fucking disagree.”

His eyes were watching your mouth as you continued on your rant.

“The director himself has said the ending is up for debate, it’s meant to make the viewers question what they’ve just watched. It’s meant to make you go home and think about it. Some people see the wobble, some people don’t. But until the director or writer confirm it either way, just accept that you are neither ri……. ”

You would have continued but a pair of lips were suddenly on yours. 

The very lips of the man you’d just been yelling at to be precise. 

And they felt nice. Soft. They moved, applying pressure against yours, a hand snaking out around your waist. You started to match them, your lips parting slightly. 

Just when you felt the tip of a moist tongue slip between your lips you heard cheering and clapping. 

“Way to go pretty boy! Didn’t know you had it in ya!”

You pulled away suddenly remembering where you were, your cheeks flushing red. 

Spencer’s own face was flushed as he opened his mouth, closing it again seconds later as he struggled to think of what to say. 

“What the hell Reid?” you chuckled at him, you were shocked but pleasantly surprised. 

“Erm…. I don’t really know what came over me Y/N. Fuck, I’m so sorry.“ He looked sheepish, awkwardly shoving his hands into his pockets. 

The rest of time team started to exit the plane, Morgan and Prentiss looking over their shoulders at you both as they did. 

"If you wanted me to stop yelling, all you had to do was agree with me Spence. You didn’t have to stick your tongue in my mouth.”

“I….. Erm….. I…. Um…… Shit. Please don’t slap me! ” Oh he was so awkward and cute right now, you almost forgave him for the past four hours. 

You started walking up the short aisle to the exit, turning around when you realised he wasn’t following you. 

“Come on Spence. I’ll give you a ride home……Also if that’s how you stop me from getting angry at you, maybe I’ll have to yell at you more often…..just saying.” You grinned at him seeing his eyes light up as he started to follow you. 

“Just next time you do that, maybe wait until we don’t have an audience. Okay.”

“Okay…..Do you….do you wanna yell at me now?”

You burst out laughing at him. “Let’s get away from the team first genius.”

He grinned at you, “Okay.”