Shut Up And Watch

"Can't I just wait and watch the new season? I only want to watch it for Gaga." You settled on Spencers couch, ready for a Netflix marathon.

"No. If you're watching this, you're watching from the beginning like I did. Do you want another pillow or blanket?"

You nodded at your best friend, he knew you liked to be cosy when you were watching shows. He got up and fetched you another blanket, floating it down over you.

"But each season is different isn't it? So what does it matter?" You grabbed the huge bowl of popcorn from the table in front of you and settled it on your lap.

"It doesn't matter. You have to watch it from the start to appreciate the originality of it all. Now..... I'm pressing play okay. We've got a lot of episodes to get through tonight."

"Spence we watched the whole of Breaking Bad in three days straight." You pointed out as he settled on the couch next to you, crossing his legs and reaching for the control.

"Yeah and then you passed out and called in sick at work because you were so exhausted. That's not happening again. The new season starts in three weeks
That gives us plenty of time. It's 4pm, we can finish season one tonight.... Well by around 2am. Now hush."

He hit play.

One episode in:

"What the fuck is up with those opening credits? It looks like a Nine Inch Nails video or something. Are they all like that?"

"They change every season.... But yes, Y/N. They're all pretty creepy."

..

"It's always the basement a isn't it.... Always. I'm never having a house with a basement."

"You said you'd never get rid of your iPhone too, but what's that in your hand now? Oh, a Galaxy." He grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl on your lap."

..

"Why is she fucking a man is a rubber suit who clearly isn't her husband? Does she think it's her husband?"

No response, you looked over to see Reid rolling his eyes and shaking his head at you.

..

"Is the hot blonde dude Quicksilver?"

"If by the 'hot blonde dude' you mean Tate, then yes."

"Him and emo daughter are definitely gonna get it on right? I totally ship them. Emo daughter is pretty hot too."

"Shut up and watch it."

Three episodes in:

"So she's dead? Why does the husband see her differently though?Or is it a different maid. I'm gonna check." You pulled out your phone and opened the IMDB app.

"Put your phone down Y/N."

"In a sec.... Just.... HEY! I only wanted to check something!"

You scowled at you friend as he snatched your phone out of your hands, placing it on the table next to him.

"You can have it back at the end of class, alright. Now shut up and watch."

You pouted and threw a popcorn kernel at him.

Six episodes in:

"I literally have no idea who's dead and who isn't anymore." You said through a mouthful of pizza.

"That's kinda part of the point... It gets confusing." He grabbed another slice from the box he'd had delivered twenty minutes ago.

"Also, I'm questioning my morals. I'm concerned by the fact that he just went on a murderous rampage, yet I'd still happily grind all over his face."

"Dont worry Y/N, you're not alone with those feelings."

"Dude! Really......"

"Not me!! I don't find him attractive..... Well. I can appreciate the appeal and I suppose he does have nice..... Just shut up and watch it."

Eight episodes in:

"She's dead isn't she. And he's going to be the rubber man which means he's pounded both her and her Mom."

Spencer didn't say anything, his mouth set in a thin line, the tub of Ben and Jerry's melting on his lap.

"Ew! That's so wrong... How can ghosts even fuck anyway? Or is he not actually dead? Nah... He's gotta be. In fact, I'll tell you now this is gonna end. They're all going to wind up dead aren't they, raising his demon spawn in that stupid house which they should have moved out of as soon as the realtor told them that murders had taken place. That's just fucked up, why would you move in?"

"Just shut up and watch it."

You inched closer and rested your head on his shoulder.

"You tell me to shut up an awful lot you know."

Spencer turned his head and planted a kiss on your forehead.

"I know. Now shut up."

Twelve Episodes In:

"I fucking knew it!" You were bouncing up and down in your seat.

"Calm down Y/N."

"They're all dead. And that demon spawn is his... And Oh my Fuck how does he expect Violet to forgive him? I mean he's still hot and everything but my god, he screwed her Mom. That seems like something outta a weird porno. Her baby brother is fathered by the guy who took her virginity. Ugh.... "

"The baby there isn't. The one that died is Bens. The one who lived is."

You stopped bouncing.

"Pardon? But they're twins? What?"

"Heteropaternal superfecundation. Were you not paying attention?"

You looked at Spencer, your brain completely fried from the complete mess of a TV show you'd just watched.

"I am so confused right now....."

"It really doesn't take a lot does it?"

You gasped in faux shock pretending to be offended.

"Go away Spencer."

"That doesn't work on me."

"Go away Spencer."

"Y/N."

"Go away Spencer."

"Fine." He started to get up from the couch but you tugged him back down.

"Can we start the next one now? You don't have work til Monday."

He looked at you, and then at his watch. It was 2:20am. He looked back at your face, your eyes pleading. You were long past the point of being tired now.

"I'll go put on a pot of coffee. Press play."

"Yay!"

You hit play on the controller, repositioning your legs.

"Ooooh! He's a brunette here!"