Chapter 76-Path To No Where

I walked in the darkness, I was trying to make my decision. Do I go back? Or do I stay?

I couldn't decide. If I left, I would be able to be me, to do what I wanted to do, to make stupid decisions.

If I stayed, I would always be tied down with everyone. I would always be reminded of Daryl.

But if I left I would never see Tyler or Jason again. I clutched my mothers amulet and looked a head of me. I was way overreacting, but I couldn't help it.

The road was dark, tree's outlining the area. I continued to walk and wiped my eyes with the leather sleeve.

The moonlight guided me on a path to no where, the sound of my army boots stepped on the crumbly road.

I continued to walk and think of everything, everything I would miss.

I would miss Lori's baby, I would never see if we could clear the prison. I would never get to see Tayler in a man's arms, happiness surrounding her.

I would never see Jason hold a women, I would never see their children.

I wouldn't see anything. But I couldn't go back, not with Daryl there. I would never be able to get over him.

He was special, he was the one for me. I got so lost in thought that I tripped over a random object lying randomly in the middle of the road.

I looked back to see a sword sheath, not any sword sheath but my sword. I quickly looked inside and saw Daryl's picture laying there but no sword.

I pulled the picture out and tucked it into my bra, a weird place to put it but at least it was safe.

So if my sword was near by, someone must have stolen them. Someone was nearby, someone had my swords.

I groaned in frustration and looked around me. I could make out nothing, until I looked up.

A dead body hung from a tree and I screamed, stumbling backwards. I got up off the ground and quickly ran past the body.

I ran forwards and looked up to see a sign 'Welcome to Woodbury' it read. I shrugged and continued walking. A large wooden gate stood in front of me and I stared at curiously. A bright light shined towards me and I squinted my eyes.

"DROP YOUR WEAPONS!" A husky voice screamed. I strung my bow to my back and put my hands up.

"We won't hurt you!" A feminine voice screamed from the light. I stepped forwards and a creaking sound came from in front of me.

I walked towards it and the light stayed on me. I squinted my eyes as I walked into the unknown territory, was this the sanctuary the voice on the radio was talking about?

"Who are you?" A mexican man asked, standing in front of me.

"M-mariah Beckon, what, whats going on?" I stuttered.

"You're being saved." The man replied.

"What?" I asked, looking at my surroundings.

"We're like a safe haven, a place for people to live in peace." The man responded.

"Whats your name?" I asked curiously.

"Martinez." He responded quietly.

"Where, where am I?" I asked again.

"Welcome to Woodbury, come with me." He ordered. I nodded and followed the man.

I didn't trust it, every instinct in my body screamed at me to run, to get away from this place.

But how could it be bad? If there was people it couldn't be that bad right? We walked up the steps of a large building and Martinez opened the door for me.

I nodded and stepped inside, the dim light must have been from a candle. But I looked at the ceiling and the lights were on.

This really was a safe haven. We walked down a hallway and Martinez gently poked my back with something.

"Yes it's a gun, it's just a precaution." He said, already knowing what I was going to say.

"This door." He ordered, pointing to the door on my left. I opened it up and looked at the surroundings.

A brunette man sat behind a desk, writing something look up at us. "Martinez, who is this?" The man asked, standing up from his paper.

"New girl, just found her." Martinez said, lowering his gun.

"Whats your name?" He asked me curiously.

"Mariah Beckon, who are you?" I asked.

"That's the governor." Martinez said, walking towards the closest wall.

"Governor?" I asked suspiciously.

"Look, you must be exhausted. You have a lot of questions, but you need to rest. We'll talk in the morning." The governor responded.

I wanted to object but Martinez basically pushed me out of the room. "What?" I asked as he shut the door.

"Come on." He said as he walked down the hallway. I narrowed my eyes and followed him.

He opened a door and I walked in. "Look, don't use the lights that much and go easy on the water." Martinez announced before shutting the door.

I walked into the room but thought about Martinez's last sentence, Water?

I locked the door and threw my bow down on the bed. I quickly found the makeshift shower and turned it on.

I cranked the water to full heat and used the toothbrush, with actual toothpaste. At least what I think is toothpaste.

I breathed in the minty air and hopped in the boiling shower. As it burned my skin I felt the pain washing away, I just wanted to live in that shower.

I got out though, listening to Martinez's wishes. I wrapped a towel around me and walked towards the dresser, hopefully there were clothes.

Sure enough I pulled it open and looked around. A navy blue tank-top and black jeans were going to have to do.

I collapsed on the bed and literally passed out.