A Night to Remember (Dazai Osamu)

WARNING: DOUBLE SUICIDE MENTIONED AT THE END// READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

It was finally 7 o'clock pm and you arrived safely without getting lost at to the City Ball. The City Ball was certainly huge, with the lighting sprouting out from the top of the building to the sky. Blue illumination lights were hung in front of the Ball, greeting, 'Welcome!'

From the distance, you saw a familiar figure rushing towards you, holding of white fedora like hat.

"(F/N)! You're finally here!" Atsushi waved as he made his way to you. He blushed a little by how gorgeous you looked. "You look amazing tonight!" He grinned wildly. You were wearing you (Favorite Color) one shoulder dress and your (Second Favorite Color) high heels. Your hair was neatly tied up into a low bun with diamond earrings dangling down from your earlobes.

You beamed. "Thank you. You look very handsome tonight, Atsushi kun." He surely did. He was wearing something very similar to his normal clothes except his necktie was light gray and his pants and belt were white and his usual black suspenders. He then wore white blazers and white fancy dress shoes and a white hat.

He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. "Thanks... Dazai san actually suggested this outfit."

"He sure does have a taste in fashion, surprisingly..." You muttered.

Atsushi suddenly grabbed your hand. "Let's go, (F/N)! Everyone is waiting inside!"

Once the two entered in the ball, the place was huge and packed with dozens of people. A gigantic glittering white chandelier was dangling from the ceiling, brightening the place up. They had the stage up the back center of the ball, where the host will introduce himself and then he would walk down the stairs to a little platform. On the right hand side and the left hand side, laid a long party table with various of different meals. From small bite size appetizers to towering cake, similar to a wedding cake. There were few big doors to another room where there's more food.

"I-I feel like I never even have to look at food for a million years, just by looking at this..." Atsushi's eyebrows twitched.

"Where is everyone?" You glanced around numerous of tall people.

"I thought they were going to be here... But I guess they got too excited and dived down to the food." Atsushi smiled nervously.

"Let's go! I want to eat food!" (F/N) dragged Atsushi by his wrist and pulled your way into the crowds. What felt like an hour to get passed through the crowds,  you finally reached to the dining table.

"WOAH!! There's all different kinds of food here, Atsushi kun! Let's take a bite out of this!" You turned around to face the white tiger, but he was nowhere to be found.

'That's weird. Did he get caught by the crowd perhaps?' You thought. You left the table and went back to the sea of people in search of Atsushi.

"Atsushi! Atsushi kun!" You called but there was no reply. The place was too noisy. Suddenly, you felt like you crashed into someone.

"Oh, I'm very sor-" (F/N) looked up and it was no other than the brown haired dork. He seemed quite surprised with a somewhat amazed expression.

"(F-F/N) chan?" He looked at the lady in front of him and thought how stunning you looked in Dazai's eyes. The detective felt his cheeks rise up. He covered his mouth from his embarrassment, as his cheeks continued to rise.

"W-We've been looking for you, (F/N) chan." he averted his gaze away from you.

'I-Is he blushing?'

You looked at what Dazai was wearing and you was pretty impressed. He wore a dark blue blazer with a light blue dress shirt with a cute pink necktie. And he wore dark blue pants with a black belt and a pair of nice, brown dress shoes.