Chapter Six

Jungkook POV

Since I wasn't going to school anyway, and there was absolutely no way to change my moms mind, I decided to go back to sleep. Or at least I was, until my phone started ringing. Taehyung, it read.

"H-" I started before I was cut off. What was that about? Seriously. You don't call someone and then hang up before they even have the chance to answer. Taehyung would never hang up on me, maybe there was an emergency.

I decided to brush it off, knowing he'd call me back when he had the chance. I considered calling him back instead, then remembered that he was supposed to be in school. Its better to just wait.

I had the whole day to myself. I couldn't go anywhere with my friends, since they were all at school. Maybe my mom'll let me go outside for a walk. My face has calmed down, right?

Luckily enough, it had. I didn't want to spend the whole day locked inside, I walked into a café, seeing a few adults giving me weird looks. Probably since they thought I should've been at school like everyone else.

The only other person who even looked near my age was sitting in a corner, hood pulled far over his head. At least, I assumed he was my age, or even a he at all.

I ordered a chocolate milkshake and a donut. While I was waiting for my order, I noticed the stranger in the corner looking at me, then looking away quickly, going back to typing on his computer.

It wasn't long that I finished my food, since I was usually a fast eater and hadn't had a filling breakfast.

I walked out, around the same time that the stranger started gathering his stuff as well.

He's not gonna follow me is he? ...Nah, probably not.

I walked out, hearing the little bell jingle once again. I checked my watch. 7:23. It was still pretty early, and today was a nice cool day. I started heading toward the park.

The streets were pretty empty, and I felt calm and at peace. Happy.

The street was nearly empty now, most people should be at work or at school, but I wasn't. Well, I and one other person wasn't. I passed by a shop and in the reflection I saw who was following me briefly. It was the guy from the café.

I started to slightly panic. Who are you and why are you following me? I remember thinking. I'm being overdramatic. No way that anybody would be following me, I hoped not.

Thousands of ideas and theories flashed through my head. Stalker, rapist, molester...

Awful, horrible ideas that brought awful horrible memories.

Out of panic I rushed into a small bookstore, and of course, the stranger followed. My breathing sped up. I didn't want to leave the safe haven of the bookstore, where there were others around to help if something got out of hand.

To try and fit in with the other adults already there, already reading, I grabbed the nearest book I could find, which turned out to be a manga and quickly sat down. I flipped to the middle of the book and tried not to show any kind of worry or stress. I was gasping hard, and wouldn't be surprised if everybody there could hear my heart beating out of my chest.