04

March 22nd, 1943

Dear Charlotte,

I'm glad you understand why I left. I'm also sorry that we all left at the same time. If I could have stayed longer I would have. Anyways, London is great. Yes, they did assign me to a camp in London. It's basically just like New York. Except everyone here has a British accent. I haven't heard anything more about Sam, much to my disappointment. It would be great  if you could stop by my apartment and see if anything has been dropped by.

I am happy to hear that you're manning up and telling Bucky. You should have told him earlier so he would have thought twice about leaving for the war. But as long as you don't chicken out and tell him, I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm sure you'll see him again too, don't worry about that. 

I hope you've adjusted to life alone and that you've made new friends to fill our absence. If not, please do. It'll do you good. Keep me informed about what's going on back home. Stay safe.

Love, 

Annabelle.

----

March 21st, 1943

Dear Charlotte,

I'm not surprised he went to enlist again. I don't blame you for anything and I'm not mad at you so don't worry about that. How are you holding up after we all left? I wish I could have stayed longer so you wouldn't be alone, but they needed me over here. I've heard some of the colonels talking about how we had the upper hand now, so I'll be back home soon, okay?

You know you can tell me anything, so yes I do want you to tell me what you wanted to. You didn't waste any of my time, Charlotte. You know that any time spent with or just talking to you is not wasted time. Not to me.

Everything over here is almost exactly like back home. Except there's always the possibility of dying. I'm doing well over here, I actually have made some new friends. I'm sure you'd love them. I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you anything, so we'll just save that question for when I get home, okay? I do miss you Charlotte, a lot. Tell Steve I said I hope he hasn't gotten into any trouble, will you? I'll  be back before you know it, Charlotte. Stay safe and don't get into any trouble.

Love, 

Bucky

----

March 17th, 1943

Dear Charlotte,

How can I not worry when you say you're not really lonely? I don't have to be with you to know you lied about that. But if I'm being honest, I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Everyone else is more physically fit than I am, so I have no idea what the doctor was thinking.

I hate to admit it, but you and Bucky were right. I'm not cut out for this. Do me a favor and tell Bucky that.

I had to wait a while before I could finish this but now I know why the doctor wanted me here. He wants me for an experiment, called Project Rebirth. He said we were going back to Brooklyn for it in a few days and I asked if you could come with. By the time you get this, we should be in town. If you want to be there for the experiment, we'll stop by our apartment.