Just What I Needed (49)

“Well you showed up for this sound check,” John grumbled, “That's an improvement, I guess.”

Unable to help herself, Keely drew herself up to full height, which still didn't make her even with the man but made her feel better, and glared fiercely at him. The constant undermining of her back up band was getting under her skin. “You know that Led Zeppelin never did sound checks? Not that you're exactly Jimmy Page, are you?” she snarled, shoving the sheet of paper into his chest. “Take the damn set list.”

His eyes widened at her sudden outburst, but Keely just turned on her heel and stalked away down the hall. She knew that in an hour or two, maybe even less, she'd feel the guilt from yelling at back up band that happened to be fifteen years older than her and were probably just as road worn as she was. But at the moment, all she wanted to do was get away from them.

And if that meant going back into the stadium instead of heading out the doors they'd been standing in front of, so be it!

Automatically Keely let her feet take her to where she knew the stage was, looking for refuge in her travelling change room, the little space she possessed that was actually hers. But when she got there, she found herself looking across the empty stadium.

Only then did she remember that the stage crew hadn't finished yet. She'd done her short sound check while they were still setting up behind her, and it appeared in the time she'd been spending fighting with her back up band, not much else had been done. In fact, there was a rather lack of people around and she couldn't help but wonder if they'd finally taken their break. Putting up a stage was not an easy thing to do.

“Hey, I thought you were going to your hotel because, in your own words, “You don't want to see our fucking ugly faces until we get onto the bus tomorrow morning”, what happened to that?”

“I got over the fact that you three perverts threw water balloons at me while I was wearing a white tee shirt,” answered Keely absently to Colton's joking voice as she tugged on her still slightly damp hair. “You guys were upstaged by the Bitter fucking Rivals. They really are pretty damn bitter, the name fits perfectly.”

Grinning broadly, Colton stepped forward to her, “See? We're not that bad.”

Although she could feel the urge to smile tugging on the edges of her lips, Keely just scowled, shoving the arm that he was going to slip around her shoulder away. “Yeah, no touching, I'm still mad at you.”

It was at that moment where Marco walked up the stairs to the stage from the floor, a smirk huge on his mouth. “The red bra was a nice touch, by the way.”

Groaning Keely buried her head in her hands, living with three boys was much harder than anyone had thought to tell her. “You know what? You guys need to spend more time with your girlfriends, I'm starting to hate you.”

They just laughed beside her.

Shaking her head, she looked up to the stands, and then she felt her brows draw together. “Who's that?” she asked, nodding to where the dark haired figure was running up the stairs between the stands across from them.

“Oh, yeah, you haven't ever stuck around for one of our sound checks before. That's practically Seth's ritual for a show.”

Squinting, she focused solely upon the figure that was apparently Seth as it turned about to run back down the stairs. And she could feel her nose wrinkle in distaste at the thought of doing that, she doubted she could so much as run up those stairs, let alone be awake to do the show afterwards. “How in the hell does he not sleep?”

In unison the two beside her made noncommittal sounds in the back of their throats.

Instantly her eyes narrowed, and she looked between them.