Chapter 11

Back at the Codey ranch, everyone was rejoicing with the information that Hope was alive and well. Neither Steel nor Zane had the balls to tell Mike Codey what had transpired between his daughter and Rocky. That was something, he would have to deal with personally.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day was bittersweet. Hope was happy to finally be going home. She was ripping apart from the thought of not seeing Striker any longer. He lived in Chicago when not working a case. Maybe she should offer to move to Chicago too.

He had yet to speak about a future with her. Maybe he was just waiting for everything to settle down before saying something. Maybe he just wanted her for the time they were here? Ugh, she was going crazy.

"Who was supposed to box this fucking shit?" Snake screamed breaking her trail of thought. Everyone seemed to be on pins and needles.

"That would be Trigger." Hope couldn't believe that Remy had just ratted out his friend. When he noticed her face a wide smile broke free. "Better him than me."

She shook her head in disapproval and went back to the room. Striker had already packed everything that had been in there. The only thing left were the bed sheets. That they would take with them in the morning. A frown marred her features again at the thought of tomorrow.

The clock was ticking. Only time would tell what the outcome would be. A silent prayer was sent to the powers that be. He had to be safe.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Striker on the other hand, was in full mission mode. The plan had been set and put to action. There was nothing else to do. The decision was made and he had to follow through. It was for her own good.

He reached for the bottle of water and opened it. After letting out a mournful sigh, he reached for the tiny pill and proceeded to crush it into a fine powder. Thoughts of the day crossed his mind and once again the need to mentally check off the list grew. Everything had to go smoothly and this was the only way. After putting the crushed pill into the bottle and shaking it. Striker placed it on the nightstand.

In another place, in another time. Maybe things would have been different. The door to the room opened and Hope walked in. "Penny for your thoughts."

He pulled her onto his lap. "They're not worth that much." He leaned in and kissed her. "Is everything ready out there?"

She huffed, "Snakes being an ass and Remy's getting everyone into trouble." He laughed at the way she had somehow acclimated herself to the situation. He was surprised that everyone actually liked her. They still wanted to screw her, but they liked her as a person too.

"Are you going to shower before we hit the hay?" He extended the water in her direction and she took it from his hand.

"I'm sweaty and my body hurts. Thanks for the water. I was thirsty." She downed almost half the bottle. "Are you going to shower with me?" He pushed the bottle back up to her lips. The last of it was consumed. They headed to the bathroom then.

This was the last time he would get to enjoy her body. The pill wouldn't kick in for another hour or so. That would give him plenty of time to ravish her. Hope giggled when he picked her up and stepped into the shower. They were still fully clothed. "Striker, are you crazy?"

"Only for you baby." It wasn't a lie, he was crazy for sure. She would realize that in the morning. A quick peek at the clock revealed it was close to two am. Alas, she would realize it today.

After making love to her they finally laid down to sleep. The pill had taken effect, but he was sure there was no way he would be able to sleep. Yet somehow, sleep had claimed him at some point.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The noise outside woke him up hours later. He got up and dressed after searching through her things, he dressed her too. She was out like a light, the pill had done its job. Time was critical and he went about setting things into motion. When someone finally came to fetch him. They found him standing in front of the bed looking at Hope.

"What the fuck Striker. This was your plan and here you are, still getting a piece of ass." Remy complained before freezing in shock. He guessed he would have been shocked too. There he stood with a knife in his hand that was dripping with blood. Hope laid in the bed covered in the blood too. "Snake!" Remy yelled frantically.

Striker turned when the boss walked in. "What the fuck did you do?"

"You didn't really think I was going to give the bitch part of my money did you?" He asked them through gritted teeth. "She served her purpose." The walk back to her body felt as if it took place in slow motion. His stomach churned when his hand lowered and the knife sliced into her skin as he jabbed it in.

"You didn't even give me a chance to bang the bitch." Snake complained. Remy just shot him a look of hatred. He had fallen for her too.

"Let's roll, it's getting late and we need to be in position if this shit's going to go off without a hitch." It took all his strength not to turn back to look at her. He also ignored the movement of Remy's hand when he wiped the tears that had slid from his eyes.

"You're one cold son of a bitch, and that's why you roll with us." Snake said as he pounded his back in approval. Once outside they made sure everyone was accounted for. He didn't miss the smirk on Tamara's face when Snake leaned in to tell her what he'd done.

Striker straddled his bike and revved it up. They needed to get as far as possible from there, and fast. He waited for everyone to take off and head to their designated areas. Only then did he allow himself to look back at what he had done and what he was leaving behind.