Right? Obviously

I couldn't move. My arms were stuck and it was warm, maybe a little too warm. I try to open my eyes several times before they finally snap open. 

All I saw was a blanket and a leg of a chair, and then I realized I had fallen asleep in that fort Julie made. And then I remember the warmth I felt, the smell of lavender. That's when I finally noticed arms wrapped around my waist and a warm breath hit the back of my neck, not just that but I think... I think Julie is spooning me.

Feeling the tips of my ears and my cheeks warm up I try to squirm away, because I was afraid my heart would wake Julie. I mean, it was loud. To me at least. God that sounds like it came from some sappy romance novel.

Do I have some sort of heart problem or something?

She responds to me squirming away by tightening her arms around me, and I couldn't move at all. It was like I was her stuffed animal. And really this small part of me wouldn't mind it, that I'll admit no matter how odd.

I'm hearing that voice again after a few seconds.

Push away! Push away!

I pry her arms off me and quickly scoot away, surprised to see her still out.

Letting out a small breath of relief, she suddenly begins to stir.

She seriously is woken by a quiet sigh and not someone moving her arms.

"Genny!" She smiles tiredly up at me as her eyes open.

"Please don't call me that," I tell her, my voice sounded weird.

"Why are you all red," her smile fades into a frown. "Are you sick!?" She asks almost sounding super surprised but yet sarcastic.

"No, it's just a little hot in here," I say, unconsciously moving my hands to my cheeks.

"'Cause me?" She gives me this cheeky grin with her thumbs pointing at herself like she was some superstar.

I couldn't control myself as I smack the top of her head causing her to let out yet another cute "ow."

_

_

_

"I swear Gen if I get a huge lump on my head, I'm telling my mom." Julie gives me this glare but it looks more adorable than frightening.

"I'm pretty sure this isn't some cartoon," I say remembering how the cat in Tom and Jerry always ended up with this huge lump on his head. I used to love that cartoon.

"Well my head really hurts," she mumbles, rubbing her head. Suddenly her eyes widen and her mouth forms an "o" shape. "Gen, you have to kiss it better now," she says looking up at me with a serious expression which was obviously fake.

"No, just no."

"Yes, just yes."

We have this intense staring contest for a little bit, only to have it end when the front door opens.

In comes who I'm guessing was Julie's mother, and she seemed surprised when she saw me and this fort in the middle of the living room.

"D'you have a sleep over last night Julie?

Julie responds with an enthusiastic nod "yeah I have a best friend now," she says throwing her arm over my shoulder the best she can since she was short. "Her name is Genevieve."

Her mother only smiles sweetly before walking towards the kitchen to introduce herself. "Hello Genevieve. I'm Julie's mom, but you can just call me Cindy." She flashes us a smile before walking into the kitchen to probably make a new cup of coffee.

"C'mon," Julie says pulling me to the fort to help take it down. Julie takes the both the blankets and disappears into her room as I began putting back the chairs.

"I've never seen Julie so happy before," I suddenly hear Cindy say.

"Really? She always seems a little too happy when I see her," I say, confused by Cindy's statement. The girl always seemed to have a smile on her face.

"Well she was, that is until her father died," her tone sounded, and even felt sad when she mentions Julie's father. "Thank you for being kind to her," Cindy turns her head to look at me with this smile.

It's like that look on her face just grew arms and slapped me for being a butt to Julie, I suddenly felt regret for anything rude I've said to her. And that's what surprised me.

Why am I suddenly showing the least bit kindness to this girl at all?

Now it just feels like it's my duty to be an angel to her, I'm putting pity on her.

Julie finally steps out of her room seemingly surprised by how all the chairs and ladder were already put up.

She just looks at me and smiles, that adorable smile. I knew she was going to ask me something.

"Can you read me a story now? You never did last night."

I could see Cindy smiling from the corner of my eye, and I just felt like a great person when I nodded with a small smile.

It wasn't like a secret part of me kind of wanted to spend time with her, it was just pity. It's all because I feel sorry for her.

Right? Obviously.