Chapter 12

Not sure how much help this will be but here you go :)

Chapter 12

"I'm bored." Striker gripped the steering wheel and gritted his teeth to keep from saying anything. Damn it all to hell. They had thrown a wrench in the plan. Snake was to have stayed at the hotel room in town with the four women until they all returned.

They were to have been ambushed there by Steel. Now he had them in the car. If that wasn't bad enough. The airheaded twit wouldn't stop complaining about everything. "You should have stuck with the plan."

She had the nerve to pout. "I told Snake that I wanted to be here personally to see the face of the man who rejected me." Snake stroked her hair.

"Did you even think, that they would recognize your face?" Stupid woman, nothing good ever came of changed plans. She laughed gleefully.

"We got that covered. My baby girl here got hurt from their treatment. Only fair I take out the bastard that hurt her." His knuckles were white now as they tightened once more on the steering wheel.

"Are you fucking for real? This wasn't part of the plan."

"Shit happens and fucking plans change. Now shut the fuck up and look out for the damn truck." Striker was sure the blood vessel in his neck would burst at any minute. Crap, whoever they decided to send as the decoy needed to be covered.

At this point, only Snake knew who would pull the trigger. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Striker jumped out of the car. Air, he needed air. "Get your ass back in the car, now! Remy will be giving the signal anytime now." Striker frantically looked around. The ominous feeling churning is his gut was killing him.

All thoughts vanished the moment they saw the glare from the mirror Remy pointed their way. Tamara squealed in anticipation. "It's show time. Get the hell in the car Striker. Be a good boy and I might let you suck my P."

"Shut the fuck up." He screamed as he jumped back in and revved the car. He had an itchy trigger finger at the moment and he just might take her out and Snake for being manipulated by such a tool.

He took off trying hard not to screech the tires. They were the car that was to block the back. Trigger along with four men had the car blocking the front. Remy had taken his hog and gone with the guys to cover either side of where they were stopping the Codeys.

There were supposed to be 16 men total. Now there were two more people to account for. They saw the moment the pick-up truck drove by. It was followed by another F150. Great, his partners had also put a wrench in the plan. Who the hell was in the second car?

They were driving, on the opposite lane so striker pulled the steering wheel and made a hard left. The car spun as he hit the accelerator. The tires screeched and kicked up a cloud of dust. The roar of blood in his ears deafened him to anything but the mission.

His heart pounded as the car ate up the road. He saw the moment the Trigger swerved his car in front of the two trucks. The dumbass must have timed it wrong because the truck in front plowed into him.

It was at that time that the roar of the bikes could be heard. Striker looked up and at either side of them. Sure enough, the bikes appeared. The sound of a door opening made him turn. Luis Codey exited the first truck. He seemed to be rubbing the back of his neck. Mike Codey exited the second truck along with Zane and one other man.

He didn't have time to think before Tamara stormed out of the truck and ran their direction. Snake took off after her and he followed. So much for the damn plan. "You didn't expect me, did you?" Tamara yelled just before she smacked Mike Codey across the face.

Mike Codey reached out and Snake pulled his gun. "Touch one hair on her head and I'll empty my gun in you."

"What's this all about?" Luis Codey asked and Snake switched his aim to him.

"Where's the fucking money."

"I've no idea what you're talking about." Luis answered as he looked around. A frown marred his features.

"You heard him. We came for the money. Your precious little Hope told them about the money you take to the bank." At the mention of his daughter Mike Codey thundered.

"Where's my daughter."

Striker took advantage of Tamara's ranting and moved closer to Mike Codey. His plan was to cover the man if the shit hit the fan and Snake really did want to kill him. Tamara laughed at his question.

"Oh, your innocent little Hope has been getting her brains screwed out every which way from Striker." Oh crap, he did have time to even react. Mike's fist laded right smack between his eyes. He literally heard the bone of his nose crack.

"You son of a bitch. I paid you to protect my little girl. Not defile her." Each sentence was punctuated by another punch to his face. He heard Tamara's scream before he felt the burn go through his body. One, two, three. Everything went black after that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hope woke feeling sore. A smile spread her lips before her eyes even focused. Today was the day she got to go back home. Yet she didn't want to leave Striker. At the thought of him, her hand reached out. To her surprise, she encountered something hard.

"Striker." She croaked out. Why the hell was her throat so dry and why was she having trouble focusing her vision? She reached up to rub her eyes and a searing pain hit. "Oh shit."

"Watch your language young lady." Her head turned. Sitting there, was her father and her mother.

"Daddy," she cried but when she reached for him the pain started again. "What happened?" She didn't miss the way her father's face clouded over.

"That's what I want to know." Her father demanded and her mother just burst into tears.