Chapter 9

I like being a villain. Villains are more exciting. ~Judd Nelson

Dedication: To Soccer1418 for voting and commenting like crazy on my fanfics, and being a great reader. Thank you so much for the support!

Siena

The last time I was afraid of something was never.

I'm not a naturally scared person. I don't get afraid of anything. The "monsters" under my bed were nothing compared to the kind of monsters people could be. I'm not an idiot (unlike most people) and I knew that.

I'm a freaking villain. So obviously, this news was kind of jarring.

Dylan had convinced me to come to Dr. Holloway by saiding they needed my signature, (because I was over 18)

I sat there in her office, clenching my fists, and then slowly unfurling them.

"I have a severe case of claustrophobia." It wasn't a question. I wasn't shitting myself. I had heard her and I knew what she said.

Dr. Holloway nodded. "Yes. As I was telling Dylan this,-"

"Wait. Dylan called you and you told him to bring me here." I knew it.

Dr. Holloway looked a bit sheepish. "He was simply worried about you, a-"

"I don't need him to be worried about me. I can take care of myself." I scowled.

"Besides the point, Siena. As I was explaining, you were involved in an extremely traumatic accident in which people died. That triggered a case of severe anxiety. This took form in as claustrophobia, since the accident took place in a crowded location, a train car."

"My brain went haywire because of the fact that seeing dead people in a train car caused it to become afraid? That's not possible. I'm not afraid of small spaces. I live for small spaces."

Instead of answering me, Dr. Holloway stood up and closed the door to her office, then all the windows. Immediately, my vision began to tunnel. Instead of seeing anything, I was simply looking. The walls began to close in on me, and my chest tightened. I felt like I couldn't breath, and I put a hand to my chest, trying to calm myself down.

Dr. Holloway then opened the door and the windows, and even the prospect of open space was instant gratification. I relaxed, and found I was able to breath normally again.

"Now do you believe me, Siena?" Dr. Holloway asked, sitting behind her desk and clasping her hands again.

I nodded as answer, then straighten my back and throw back my shoulders, confident and assertive.

"So what do we do to treat this?"

Dr. Holloway laughed. "You know, you're the first person to ask for treatment instead of a cure."

I sent her a blank look. "I don't lie to myself. Anxiety isn't something like the flu. So, what treatment options are there?"

"Since claustrophobia is more of a mind affliction, I would prefer you go to the recommended therapist I give you. He specializes in CBT, or cognitive behavior therapy."

"And that means what exactly?" I asked.

"Learning to confront your fears with a different mentality."

I gave her a skeptical look.

"I know, it may seem silly, but it can help. I'm also going to have him prescribe you a few antidepressants just in case. You take them carefully, ok?"

I sighed. I know better than to ignore a doctor's advice, my mother is one. "What's his name?"

She smiled, and handed me a business card.