Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"What happened to my arm?" Hope asked as she noticed the big bandage on her shoulder and right arm. Here head was still foggy.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Hope looked up and Steel was now there too.

"Striker, where's Striker." She frantically asked. "The last thing I remember was showering with him."

"Son of a bitch." Her father growled through gritted teeth. Her mother held him back and Steel turned to whisper something to him.

"I'm sorry Miss Hope. It seems Striker drugged you." Steel began to explain. Yet she didn't want to believe what the man was saying. "His plan was to make sure you were in a deep sleep."

"We found a dead cat under the bed. We figure he killed it and sprayed the blood all over your body." Hope gasped in horror.

"Oh, it will get worse than that." Her father grunted before he was silenced once more.

"Striker then stabbed your shoulder with a knife. We're guessing to prove that you were deceased." Her hand reached to her shoulder. "There's no major damage. He knew what he was doing and missed anything that might permanently wound you."

"He told us he loved you and couldn't risk getting you hurt." Steel explained right before the waterworks started. She just burst into tears and couldn't stop crying. He had stabbed her. The man she loved had stabbed her.

Her mother crawled into the bed and held her. Sure, why not stab her. He had already shot her car out. Seemed fitting that he gave her one more scar. This way, she would always think of him. "It's all over my sweet Hope. You're no longer in any danger." Her mother cooed.

Not in any danger? She used the blanket to wipe her nose. "What happened to everybody?" What she really wanted to know was what had happened to Striker. It seemed everyone had cleared out when she started to cry except for her mother.

"Mom, tell me. What happened?" The look on her mother's face sent an uneasy feeling to the pit of her stomach.

"Don't worry about any of that nonsense. You need to rest." Hope felt her anger simmering.

"Tell me what happened mother. It was not nonsense. My life was in danger. I could have been raped at any time. If it hadn't been for Striker, who knows what would have happened to me."

"Calm down sweetheart. Please lay back and I'll tell you what I know." Hope leaned back after picking up the head to the hospital bed. Her mother made her take a sip of water before she started to explain.

"From what I've been told. Tamara came out and demanded the money. Everyone was busy with her ranting that they failed to notice as the men on the motorcycles got taken out one by one. Steel had gone and captured the females at the hotel." Her mother served herself a glass of water, then took a sip.

Hope was losing patience. She desperately needed to know where Striker was. "Well, it seems that the little twit gloated about the way Striker had taken advantage of you many, many times." Hope felt the moment her mouth dropped open.

"Your father. Well, your father lost it and punched Mr. Trevino in the face." Hope gasped in disbelief. Her mother cringed before continuing. "He also forgot his cover and basically accused him of taking advantage of you when he was supposed to have been protecting you."

Dear lord, "Where's Striker mom?"

"Honey, please stop getting agitated and rest. We can finish discussing things later." Hope snapped, she yanked the IV from her arm and tried to get out of bed. "Mike," leave it to her mother to yell for her father.

He came running, followed by Steel. "What the hell are you doing young lady?"

"Where is Striker?"

"Get back into bed this instant. You're bleeding all over the place." He bodily carried her back to the bed. A nurse appeared and sent everyone away. She cleaned her up and stabbed her arm again for another IV. Great, like she hadn't been stabbed enough.

They must have given her something to calm her down because her anxiety was abating. When her parents came in she asked once more. "What happened to Striker?"

Steel cleared his throat and turned to her father. "You either tell her, or I will. Your daughter will only keep hurting herself until you do." Her father turned his back to them and her heart constricted. Was he dead?

"When your father let it slip that Rocky worked for him. Snake opened fire. Rocky Trevino took three bullets. Zane was standing behind him and he took one."

"He's dead. The man I love is dead. How could you daddy? I hate you, I hate you. I will never forgive you for this." Hope closed her eyes as silent tears rolled down her cheeks.

"He took advantage of you." Her father barked out.

Hopes eyes opened and she glared at him. "He did no such thing. I was the one who made the first move. He never even touched me." She frowned. "Well, he did strip me naked, but that was so they wouldn't know.

"I'm going to kill him if he doesn't die."

"He's alive? Where is he? Take me to him this instant." She demanded as she tried to get out of bed again. She let out another scream when the pain from her shoulder started again.

"Stop hurting yourself. Get back into bed this instant." Her father demanded.

"Stop treating me like a little girl."

It seems her mother had enough. "I want both of you to stop behaving like children this instant. You, young lady, get back into bed." Her father nodded in approval. "And you Michael Codey, better get the idea into your head that your daughter loves this man. Worst case, he is the father of our grandbaby."

The room went eerily silent. "Mom."

"Where the hell do you think babies come from? If you have unprotected sex, and apparently. A lot of it. You're bound to end up with a bun in the oven." Hopes jaw dropped once more.

"Why do you think your shoulder hurts so much? They can't give you anything until they're sure if you are or not. I just hope that whatever that idiot gave you doesn't affect the fetus. We're waiting on the results of the blood test, but if your anything like your mother." Cassandra Codey smiled as memories assailed her.