Chapter 63 - Home at Last

I got back up to my room at midnight, and finally changed out of my White House dress into gym shorts and a black tank top, I collapsed on my bed, buried myself under the giant hotel blankets and fell asleep.

I woke up naturally, to light pouring into my room from the window opposite my bed, I sat up and pushed myself up in bed. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and burst out laughing. The lock screen was a picture of Anthony, Lac, Lin, Jazzy, Thayne and Daveed, all squished together, the picture was blurry, and adorable. Lac took it, and Anthony and Jazzy were kissing, with Lin pointing excitedly towards the 2 of them. It was the best, the probably don't remember taking it, which is why I'm keeping it as my lock screen.

Anyways, after looking long and hard at my lock screen, I remembered that I turned my phone on to check the time, 9:28. Ah! I love sleeping in. Although, I was supposed to get in the bus in about a half hour. I got up, got dressed in a Wicked t-shirt and jeans, straightened my hair, and strapped on the giant black boot onto my left foot.

I put everything I brought with me into a backpack which I swung on, then got up and crutched my way down to the elevator. I rode the elevator down to the first floor, where everyone was supposed to meet at 10:00 to get in the bus. There were a couple of people sitting in the lobby, so I went and joined them. It was Carleigh, Jon, Thayne and Austin.

"I kind of wish we weren't doing it today." Jon said, as I walked over.

"Doing what?" I asked sitting down next to Austin on a couch.

"Oh, there's a new ensemble member!" Thayne filled me in, "we're meeting her at 4:00 today, she's pretty young too."

"How young?" I asked.

"Well, she's 22." Carleigh started, but Austin finished.

"And she's supposed to be really good, she's been learning the choreo with Andy, but now that she's been cast we need to run everything with her."

"Oh, so, after you get back, you have a rehearsal." I said, piecing it all together.

"Bingo. And I don't know about you guys, but I am wiped out. I have a splitting headache, why?" Thayne said.

"Oh I know why." I smiled to myself.

"You do?! Why?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have one too! Did something happen?"  Jon asked.

"Oh, yeah, you all got seriously wasted last night." I informed them laughing.

"Wait really?" Thayne asked, "I mean, I know we were drinking, but seriously?"

"Yeah! You wanna see?" I asked, pulling out my phone, showing them my new and improved lock screen.

"OH MY GOSH!!" Jon yelled.

"Holy crap Jon, why the yelling?" Austin semi-whispered.

"No, Austin, look at her phone!" Jon said grabbing my phone and handing it to Austin.

"Oh! Lin is gonna kill you! Are you keeping it?" He asked, referring to Lin's hair in the picture, which was half covering his face, and a mess.

"Of course I am. I love it!" I said, taking my phone back.

"Anyone else fell like they climbed out of the depths of hell?" Lin walked over to our little circle.

"Me!" Carleigh said, raising her hand.

"Yep, scoot over." Lin pushed me closer to Austin, and sat next to me on the couch. "Why don't you look like you climbed out of the depths of hell?" He asked me, referring to my neatly straightened hair and accurately worn clothing.