The Lion

I paused and stared at her, unsure of where she was going with this.

"What's there to talk about? I have no interest in listening to your love life." I said as I pushed past her.

"Oh really?" She asked.

"Yes really." I replied.

"I just wanted to know if you're still uselessly chasing after him." She said in a soft tone while walking up to me.
It was clear that she was taunting me and I had no intention of giving in to her child's play.

"I'm not. Are we done here?" I asked trying to sound uninterested.

"Not quite. I know Royce visited your room last night." She stated as her eyes examined me.

"He did. Are you jealous? Is that what this is about?" I asked.

She let out a crude laugh in response.

"Sweetie, he wasn't in your room long enough to do anything worth being jealous of. On the other hand, however, he went to my room after and we were together all night. I don't think I have to explain to you why he was there for so long, right? I mean, unless you want to know the sweet details." She said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and tried to not let her words get to me.

"Good for you, I don't care." I said while turning my back to leave.

"Kissing isn't the only thing he's good at by the way. Oh- but I guess you wouldn't know." She taunted.

My teeth clenched and my fists tightened. I wanted to turn around and punch her right then and there but I held my anger in.

I kept my back turned and continued walking away.

Screw her!

I could hear her open the door to the backyard and knew she was going to look for Royce.

I slammed my hand onto the wall and felt the sting spread from my fingers to my palm before it went numb. I took a deep breath in and tried to keep my emotions in check before I'd have another out lash.

My heart stung but when I remembered Aron, the pain was soothed. I still had him. I still had one person with me.

As I was walking to my room, I heard Holly shriek and call out Royce's name. She was shouting something and her voice faded as she went further into the backyard.

I paused for a moment then continued to my room.

Why is she yelling? What's wrong with Royce?

Suddenly, there was a sharp ring that shot through my ears. It wasn't a sound from the outside, but rather a warning from the inside of my body. Something was happening nearby that my animal senses picked up. A large amount of malice was being generated nearby and my body was telling me to avoid it and run away.

Normally, I would've ran, however, the place where the problem was happening was where Royce and Aron were.

Quickly, I turned around and rushed to the backyard.