Chapter 5

Evan's POV

I walked down the hall to my locker, which was five lockers away from Alex's. How am I supposed to work with him? He's already pissed at me for being...well...me. Maybe I should try approaching him? I guess it was worth a shot.

I walked up to his locker and stood there awkwardly at first. Before I could open my mouth to speak, he cut me off. "Ok listen, I really need to pass this class to stay on the football team. I know I've been..well..kind of a jerk to you, but I'd really appreciate it you worked with me in this. Not that you have a choice, but you know what I mean."

Well that was easier than I thought. "Y-yeah, of course. I'm actually pretty surprised you're willing to do this with me...w-work with me I mean." I stuttered.

"You're not the only one. But hey, I'm not going to throw football away just cause I can't work with some..." He look at me, then stopped. As if catching himself at the last second, he continued. "Someone." Nice save. I thought, mentally rolling my eyes.

"And besides," he continued, "Football  is probably the only thing I'm good at around here." I looked at him shocked. His eyes widened, realizing he said that out loud. "Forget that dweeb, when do we start this stupid thing?" He asked, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I wanted to know more about him now. I'm sure what he thinks isn't true either. He just doesn't realize what he is capable of doing. He doesn't even try. I decided not to ask him about it for now. He doesn't look like he wants to talk about it either. "Anytime you're free." I replied.

He scratched his head in thought. "How about after school at my place? My parents are on a business trip and won't be home for this week." He suggested.

I gave it some thought. "I guess. Your place it is then." I replied.

"Cool. Anyway, I gotta go. Can't be late for training. I'll see you after school." He gave a slight wave and walked off.