c h a p t e r 27

"Ok, for now, put on this blindfold," Jeremy instructed after the car came to a stop.

I did as I was told and Jeremy led me out of the car.

Have we reached? The drive didn't take long, this place must be near where I live.

I perked my ears and tried to figure out where we were, but the surroundings were quiet.

"Hold onto me, tightly," Jeremy told me and I put my arms around him. Suddenly, there was a strong gush of wind.

"What's going on? Can I remove my blindfold now?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me. "Yep. Don't be too surprised," Jeremy told me and helped me remove the blindfold.

I squinted my eyes due to the strong sunlight and looked around me. This place was foreign, was there such a place in my neighbourhood?

"Where are we?" I asked Jeremy and he looked at me mischievously, pointing at a sign nearby.

NZONE Skydive? My jaw dropped. "You brought me skydiving?" I asked, my eyes widening. "Yep!" Jeremy grinned. NZONE...where have I seen this name before?

"Wait..." A thought suddenly occured to me.

"Are we still in the US?" I asked incredulously. "We're in New Zealand," Jeremy replied casually.

Upon hearing that, my jaw reached the ground. "What did you do?" I asked, still in disbelief. "I teleported us," he answered.

Woah...

"Come on, wouldn't want to miss our slot," Jeremy said and intertwined his fingers with mine. My heart pounded in excitement as Jeremy led us in through the doors. I have always wanted to try skydiving, and now...

Jeremy and I were assigned to a male instructor who looked to be in his early thirties. He had a little mustache and his hair was jet black.

"Hello, welcome to NZONE. My name's Mario," he introduced himself with an Italian accent. After both Jeremy and I introduced ourselves, Mario began listing out the safety precautions.

We were then assigned our own jump masters. Jeremy was assigned a well-built guy named Ben and I was assigned a British guy named Reece.

A little while later, we had our suits and goggles handed to us by a lady and I was instructed to change my shoes as well as they aren't suitable.

After putting on the suits, Jeremy and I met up again with Ben and Reece in another room that led outside to the plane.

There, the jump masters briefed us about the emergency procedures as well as what to expect.

I could hardly control my excitement as Reece helped me fasten my harness and explained the gear to me.

After putting on the helmet, Jeremy and I were ready to go.

As we boarded the plane, my hand began sweating nervously. I was excited for this, but at the same time very very nervous. I was about to jump from an aircraft 12,000ft from the ground.

Jeremy held my hand in his warm ones, and knowing that he was there gave me a great sense of comfort.

The plane began to lift off the ground and I could feel my breathing getting heavier. My heart was already beating out of my ribcage by now.

At around 8,000ft, our jump masters attached themselves to our harness. Its about time to jump. Jeremy went first and I watched as Ben and him jumped off the plane.