twenty two

hi hi, one quick thing; I have exams coming up so this may be the last update for a few weeks I'm so sorry ! I'm going to try and maybe update after memorial day (5/30) but depending on the time I need to revise I may not be able to :(((
I'm super super sorry
also are any of you still mad at tae?

Jimin walked into Seokjin's office, nervous with his hands shaking and his wings flittering under his jacket. It was scarily similar to three months ago, when Jimin walked into this exact same office and was given the mission to get Yoongi and Hoseok together. It seemed kind of crazy to him that three whole months had passed, but it made sense, in a way.

"Seokjin hyung? Namjoon hyung said you wanted to see me." Jimin said, voice coming across light and timid, like he was walking on very thin ice and even the softest of sounds might break it.

"Jimin, come here for a second." Seokjin said. Jimin walked forward and sat down in the chair in front of Seokjin's desk, his stomach doing flips. Seokjin leant forward and rested his elbows on the table and sighed. "I don't even know what to do with you, Jimin."

"What?" Jimin squeaked out, wringing his hands together in his lap. He hadn't thought about it before, well, he had, but only fleetingly, about the fact that he was failing everyone. Even Seokjin seemed disappointed, and the revelation made him want to cry. Seokjin had always been there for him, always picked him up when he fell down, always supported him, and now, with his elbows on the table and his shoulders sagging, Jimin can't help but feel that he failed him, and that it's the worst feeling of his entire life.

       "I just," Seokjin licked his lips and ran his hands through his hair. "I don't know what to do about you, Jimin. I could be selfish; I could talk to Council and have them revoke your wings and let you stay here as my personal assistant. That's what your parents want, that's what your friends want, hell, that's what I want. I just don't think that's what you want, is it?" Seokjin looked at Jimin, a pained expression crossing his face.

       "Hyung," Jimin said softly, reaching across the table to take ahold of one of Seokjin's hands. It was covered in glitter, and Jimin smiled briefly at the thought of Namjoon holding his hands, trying to console his boyfriend when in reality he was just as nervous. "Don't–"

       "You're in love with him, right?" Seokjin asked, barely coughing out the words like there was a tie around his neck squeezing his airways. Jimin's eyes widened and he kept quiet, staring at Seokjin's face as the older boy sniffed back tears. "I'm sorry for crying, Jimin. I just don't know what I'm going to do without you."

       "Without me?" Jimin asked, running the pad of his thumb along Seokjin's knuckles.

       "You have to go back, Jimin. You love him, you love Yoongi, don't you? You deserve to be happy, you have to go back." Seokjin was nearly sobbing at this point, his forehead rested on Jimin's hand. Jimin stared down at him, his strong hyung, withering away to a crying mess.

       "M-my parents, they said I could live with my aunt. I- I'm still thinking about it." Jimin tripped over his words, his brain swimming as he tried to get out a coherent thought. "Maybe I could be your assistant too, and just live with her or something."

       Seokjin brought his head up and glared so heavily at Jimin he thought he might crumble under his stare. Jimin shrugged meekly and Seokjin rolled the chair away from the desk to grab something out of the filing cabinet behind him. He slid the pink file folder across the desk and Jimin caught it before it slipped off onto the floor.

       "Read this after your hearing, alright? Don't read it any sooner." Seokjin said, then he sighed and ran his hands over his red eyes. "I'm not even supposed to give that to you, so don't um, don't tell anyone."

       "I won't." Jimin said, shoving the pink folder up the front of his shirt. Seokjin laughed at him and pointed to the door. Jimin left the office quietly and looked out into the hallway to see if anyone was around before slipping the pink folder out from under his shirt and running his fingers over the front of it. He sighed and started walking to his room, wanting to get there before his family could catch up with him.

       Jimin's doors opened as soon as he turned down the corridor, waiting for him to walk through before closing almost violently. Jimin shrugged off his jacket, his wings making him slouch slightly as he walked to his desk and threw down the folder. He was itching to open it, but he figured he could let it sit for five days. He could wait.

       The white bag he'd taken to the mortal world with him was sitting on the desk chair, still filled to the brim with things Yoongi had deemed important enough to carry himself instead of putting in moving boxes. Jimin grabbed it off the chair and took it to his bed.

       When he pulled the zipper back the book bag practically exploded, the jacket that Yoongi had insisted stuffing in there rocketing out of the bed and onto the floor. Jimin laughed and picked it up, shaking it out before laying it on the bed.

       He pulled out a picture frame next, the picture of himself, Taehyung and Jungkook from the barbecue. Yoongi had taken particular interest in the picture after he picked it up, and it'd taken Jimin a full three minutes to get him to stop laughing. He'd had to revert to kisses. Not that either of them were complaining.

The next thing crammed into the bag were a pair of socks. Jimin rolled his eyes and threw them off the bed. Yoongi had insisted that Jimin keep them on hand, just in case you get stuck in a rain storm and your feet get wet. Jimin had taken them out on more than one occasion, but Yoongi had shoved them back in each time until Jimin just let it go.

There was only one thing left in the small bag, which made Jimin's eyebrows pull tightly together because their seemed to be too much left in the bag for there only to be one thing left. He pulled out the article of clothing, a sad smile finding its way onto his face as the pajama pants rolled out, polar bears on full display.

       Jimin choked, throwing one hand over his mouth while the other gripped tightly to the pajama pants. He could feel the tears coming on but he pushed them back. He'd been decidedly too emotional in the last two days, and Jimin didn't think he could take another round of crying.

       "Asshole," Jimin muttered, wiping under his eyes. The polar bear pants sat in his lap and Jimin stared down at them, tears still pooling in his eyes. He'd done his best to try and distract himself, on the way to the cafe to meet his parents he'd said hi to everyone who passed him so he didn't have to worry about being alone with his thoughts, and on the way the Seokjin's office he'd busied himself with counting all the feathers on the wings of the person walking in front of him.

       Jimin had thought he'd done a relatively good job up to this point, but with Yoongi's stupid pajamas in his lap and the fact that they still smell like him was enough to have Jimin's entire facade crumbling around him. Jimin looked at the clock, it was early but late enough to where he could go to bed without being questioned too harshly.

       Jimin hopped off his bed and grabbed his blue coat. It was going to be uncomfortable to sleep in, but when his wings went away and the weight lifted off his back, Jimin couldn't find himself to care much. Then he kicked off his pants and slipped on Yoongi's, the fabric engulfing him a little and sagging off his hips.

       Jimin crawled into bed and the lights snapped off. He pulled the covers up and stared at his ceiling, his once tired mind now running wild. It had been a while since he slept alone, even the few nights Seokjin had demanded no sleepovers, Yoongi had snuck over in the middle of the night and crawled back out of the window in the morning when he heard Seokjin coming down the hall to wake Jimin up for breakfast.

       The bed just seemed too big, too empty without another person laying beside him (or laying on him, Yoongi was kind of a bed hog). Jimin sighed and kicked the blanket off of him before pulling his knees up to his chest and burying his nose in the soft fabric of Yoongi's pajama pants. He fell asleep with the smell of Yoongi's warm vanilla sugar body spray in his nose.