c ha p t e r 28

When I woke up the next day, Jeremy was sitting on the edge of my bed stroking my hair. It feels good to wake up to the sight of him.

"Morning cupcakes," he greeted cheerfully when he saw my eyelids flutter open. I smiled and greeted back.

"Do I have a morning kiss?" He asked playfully and leaned towards me but I jumped up and quickly rushed to the toilet. "Later! Morning breath!" I shouted before shutting the toilet door. I could hear him laughing behind the closed doors and a smile made its way up my face.

After washing up, I made my way back to my bed where Jeremy was lying playing a game on his phone. "Do you want to have breakfast?" He asked once he saw me and I nodded.

"Pancakes?" He suggested and I nodded eagerly. I was craving pancakes with maple syrup.

With a snap of his finger, a small table appeared in front of us. On it were two plates of stacked pancakes, a jar of maple syrup, packets of butter as well as cutlery.

"There you go. Can I get you anything to drink ma'am?" Jeremy said in a fake accent. I shook my head at his antics. "Could I get a glass of orange juice please?" I played along, mimicking his accent. With a small bow, Jeremy made two glasses of orange juice appear on the table. "Freshly squeezed ma'am," Jeremy said again in that weird accent of his, causing me to laugh. I could get used to this.

"Bon appetit," Jeremy said with a clap of his hands and we both tucked into our breakfast.

--------------------

We were done with our breakfast and were cuddling on the bed reading when Jeremy suddenly said, "you're cute, can I keep you?"

A small frown made its way to my face. "What are you talking ab­–" I wanted to ask but he cut me off.

"Every time I look at the keyboard, I realize that U and I are always together."

What? Are those pick-up lines?

"On a scale of 1 to 10; you're 9 and I'm the 1 you need," Jeremy said again, this time with a devilish and cheeky grin.

He's up to something, but two can play at this game. I smirked.

I'm in.

I thought of a few of the pick-up lines that I came across on the Internet. Its not like I went to search for them on purpose, I just came across it. You know what I mean, right?

"Do you have a band-aid? I scraped my knee falling for you," I shot out, sending him a daring glare.

Game on.

"If you were Transformers, you'd be a hot-obot, called Optimus Fine," Jeremy said with a smirk.

"Do you have a jersey? Because I need your name and number," I recalled another pick-up line.

"Are you an alien? Cos you just abducted my heart," Jeremy came up with another pick-up line in just mere seconds.

"Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile," I managed out.

"I lost my number, can I have yours?" Jeremy's response came instantaneously.

Damn, how many pick-up lines does this guy even know? I have trouble coming up with even one. Elle, think... What other lines?

Just then, I caught sight of a Sharpie on my table. Doesn't that have a pick-up line associated with it?

"You're just like a Sharpie–super fine," I breathed.

"You must be a broom, because you just swept me off my feet," Jeremy said with a grin.

After thinking for a while, I managed to come up with another one.

"I might as well call you Google, cause you have everything I'm searching for."

Jeremy smirked upon hearing that and leaned closer to me.

"You know what you would really look beautiful in? My arms."

Our faces were now mere centimeters apart and it was hard to breathe. I was already having a hard time coming up with pick-up lines and that didn't help, but it wasn't like I minded.

I rummaged through my brain for another line and I know that I am running low.

"Do you mind if I walk you home? My mother always told me to follow my dreams."

Jeremy chuckled when he heard that, causing my heart to beat even faster, if that was even possible.

"Your hand looks heavy. Can I hold it for you?" He easily managed another line.

I only have one last line left. Please, let the devil's storage of pick-up lines be empty already.

"Kiss me if I'm wrong. But dinosaurs still exist, right?"

Jeremy smirked upon hearing that.

Oh boy, he still has pick-up lines doesn't he?

"Ok, I surre–" I wanted to say, but before I could finish my sentence, I felt something warm land on my lips.

--------------------

{Jeremy's POV}

I didn't let her finish the sentence. I kiss her hard on the lips and the moment our lips met, there came the familiar feeling of explosions. She never failed to send electric shocks through me whenever we kiss. I intertwine our fingers together as I press my body to hers.

I could smell the light berry scent on her. I loved how sweet-smelling it was. I swept my tongue lightly across and between her slightly parted lips. The kiss went from rough and passionate to soft and gentle.

When we parted for air, I leaned my forehead against hers.

"I've been waiting for you to use that line," I smirked.