Chapter Nine: Is This A Joke? 'Cause If It Is, It's Not Funny.

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"So where are we going?" I asked, Kendall.

After I got home, I took a shower then got ready for the date I had with Kendall. He said to dress casually so I did.

His brown eyes were focused on the road, "It's a surprise." He said with what seemed like a sad smile.

"What are you not telling me? Is it bad?"

"It's nothing. I'm happy that you're with me." He said, making my squint at him, not believing his statement. I decided to brush off his words as we continued the silent rude to the destination.

We stopped the park we went to yesterday. I looked at him confused, but he ignored my look as he exited the car and helped me out.

We walked side by side in the same silence that was in the car. We sat at the dock, next to each other, "There's something wrong, Kendall." I said, breaking the silence, "What's wrong?"

He looked at me for the first time since we entered the car. He looked at me with tears at the brim of his eye, threatening to fall out, making me worry even more, "Kendall, you're making me scared. What's happening?"

"I love you, you know that?"

"Yes?"

"Will you love me forever? No matter what?" He continued to question.

"Yes." I said, "What aren't you telling me?"

"Dad is sick and we have to move," he said, sadness clear through his eyes, "and Mom doesn't want to bring you."

I looked at him blankly for a moment. I didn't believe him. I couldn't believe him, "Is this a joke? 'Cause this isn't funny." I said.

"I'm so sorry, Bailey." He whispered.

I couldn't believe my best friend was leaving, my family was leaving. My only thing close to a family, "When are you leaving?" I asked, trying to hide the sadness.

"Tomorrow."

"Where are you going to?"

"Somewhere that I can't tell you..." He breathed, unevenly.

I glared at him, "Why can't I come with you?"

"Mom doesn't want to ruin your education." He said, not wanting to look me in the eye.

"How about you?" I asked, pissed that she wasn't thinking about her own son, "You're ruining your own education. She's ruining my life if you leave. I'm lost without you Kendall."

"I'm so sorry."

"When are you coming back?"

"I don't know..."

I felt the tears streaming down my face, making me choke on air, "Please don't cry." He whispered, reaching out to wipe away my tears. I dodged his hand as whimpers came out.

"Do you know what hurts most? Y-You promising you wouldn't leave and breaking it, or that you just told me, the freaking day before you're leaving." I said as I tried to stop the remaining tears from falling, "You fucking lied." I said, causing him to be taken aback by my words.