Chapter 33. Defined V-Line

A soft knock on my bedroom door before it was gently pushed open, caused my eyes to snap up from the floor in it's direction. I had been sitting on my bed, patiently waiting for Scott to tell me that Stiles was here to pick us up so we could go and follow Parrish around tonight. I had gotten changed into some jeans and a black tshirt and my converse were secured around my feet. My hair was pulled up into a ponytail and I hadn't bothered with my makeup. 

It has been a few days since I returned home from Eichen. That whole night is mostly a blur, but I can remember a few things here and there. The one thing that sticks out clear as day in my mind, is the image of Valack laying on the floor with blood surrounding his head. I guess Lydia's scream caused something to explode in his brain and he just died. It's nice to know that we don't have to worry about him infiltrating our lives anymore. Stiles has told me that he wasn't sure what Valack had done to me to keep my locked up, because my werewolf abilities were back in full swing. I had my strength, speed and heightened senses.

Stiles also told me that I almost died, I would say I'm surprised but I'm not. I die every other Tuesday. 

Now that Lydia and I are free, we can focus more on the Beast and what it's doing to our town. I still am not quite sure how I'm connected to it and what my purpose is but there is some sort of connection between the Beast and I. My only hope is to somehow figure out what it is and what it means in regards to stopping it from adding to the body count. 

My ill feelings towards Scott seemed to have diminished for now. I know that before I was taken, I was hell bent on being as cold towards him as possible... but for some reason, that all seems so petty to me now. We need to work together to stop this thing and that means putting aside our differences and doing what's right. I may still be hurt for what he did to me, but there's no point in holding onto anger and hatred instead of working together to save people. 

Scott stepped into my bedroom and smiled faintly at me, "You ready?" 

"Yeah," I nodded as I stood from my bed, "is Stiles here?" 

"Him and Liam just got here. You may want to grab a jacket it's a little chilly out." Scott said before turning on his heel and exiting my bedroom. 

I grabbed one of Stiles' zip-up jackets that I borrowed ages ago and have yet to give back. I slipped my arms through the sleeves and then grabbed my phone off my dresser, sliding it into my back pocket, before leaving my room and heading down the stairs. 

Scott was waiting in front of the front door for me, and as I hopped off the last step, he opened the front door. I knew that Liam and I were going to be delegated to the back of the jeep... which wasn't all that shocking because Scott always got to ride shotgun. I don't mind sitting in the back because there is more room, but it's also nice to be able to sit up front with Stiles. 

I'm just glad that the jeep is up and running and isn't causing so many problems at the moment. 

My brother pulled open the passenger door of the jeep and I clambered into the back, plopping down on the cushioned seat beside Liam. Scott hoisted himself up into the seat and closed the door. Stiles turned around and faced me with a smile, "Hello beautiful." 

I felt my cheeks start to warm up from his comment as I responded with, "Hey." 

Liam nudged me with his elbow to gain my attention. I glanced at him and he quirked an eyebrow, "How you feeling?" 

"I feel okay." I assured him. 

Liam has been constantly texting me asking me how I'm feeling or if I'm okay. I never realized how much he actually cared about me until the rescue mission from Eichen. I knew we were close and I saw him as like a younger brother, I just didn't know that the feeling was mutual. It's nice to know that I've gained another supporter, though.