Day 14 Continued (Part II)

________________

Day 14 Continued Part 2

Not edited

________________

Gasping for breath, we both break apart. Kale stares at me, while I stare at my shoes, "Um."

He doesn't say anything, but I can almost imagine the signature smirk gracing his yummy lips.

Wait, yummy? Didn't I just hate that stupid smirk five minutes ago?

I clear my throat, "This is awkward."

My head shoots up to glare at Kale when he bursts out laughing. He shakes his head, "Only you would say that after such a kick ass kiss."

I fold my arms across my chest, "Who says it was kick ass?"

'Yeah... It wasn't kick ass,' My conscience adds, 'IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING. I WANT ROUND TWO. AND THREE. AND-'

"It was terrible," I state, cutting my traitor of a conscience off. The kiss probably didn't even mean anything; he was probably just messing with my head.

Kale shuffles close to me so that I can see the light freckles across his face. He quirks an eyebrow while I involuntarily gulp. "You loved it."

The chills run down my body, but I stop myself from shivering at his words, "No I didn't." 

He smirks and leans in closer so that our lips almost touch, "You did."

I shake my head the slightest with my eyes trained on his lips, "Nuh uh."

Before Kale can set his lips on mine, a voice cuts through, "Hey!" Kale groans when we both turn to see who it is.

The culprit was the bowling alley manager- a chubby, furiously red man with a balding head and crooked teeth. As rude as it may sound- Why would anyone want him to be the manager? 

"This is a bowling alley not porn movie background!" The few people that were turn to stare at us. I swear I've been so embarrassed in my life. I wanted to crawl into a hole and hide.

"Actually, it's not a place for assholes like you either," Kale fires back. I elbow him and send him a warning look before turning to the sputtering tomato in front of us, "Sorry about that. We'll be going now." I grab Kale's arm and start pulling him to the door.

Suddenly a thought occurs to me, "Wait!" I stop, exclaiming loudly. My partner looks at me in confusion, "What?"

"Where's Lee?" I ask in horror. Kale shrugs his shoulders, "Probably at home."

"Oh my God! I can't believe... I was on a date with him! A-and I kissed you in front of him!"

Another shrug of the shoulder and a bored look is all I get, "So?"

"So!" I throw my hands in the air for emphasis, "I just completely ruined the chance of me and him dating!"

Kale stares at me in disbelief, "Are you serious right now?"

"What?"

"You're really thinking of him and how you could be dating when I just kissed you!?"

I stare at him unresponsive. Why was he angry? 

He shakes his head and walks out the doors. Confused, I run after him hurriedly, "Wait!" I yell after him, "Why are you angry?"

When he doesn't answer, I repeat my question, "BECAUSE," He yells, "I WANTED TO KISS YOU."

Oh.

"FOR THE LONGEST TIME, I'VE WANTED TO KISS YOU!"

Oops.