━ two: inner eye

CHAPTER TWO

INNER EYE

  ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 

     IT DIDN'T TAKE long until the compartment was slid open again by Lee and George, who had gotten changed whilst Briar proudly revealed the parchment. They might be her best friends, but she'd rather look after the parchment carefully. If she lost it, it would feel like she had melted her parents' wedding rings and used the silver to create a weapon of choice, and stake both with it.

     Plus, if she lost it, both of her parents were now at school, so she wouldn't be able to hope that they'd calm down before the next school holiday, when they were at home and her parents were able to ground her. She corrected it to them, because she doubted that they'd let Livvy get away with it.

     She had carefully tucked it away before they returned, talking about the new Quidditch season. Briar shot Fred a bright smile when George asked if they had been sitting in silence the whole time, and Briar explained they were going over what they were supposed to cover in school that year. Afterwards, Fred rolled his eyes at her, and Briar continued to grin, proud of her own plan.

     Their conversation on Quidditch was briefly paused as Ron opened the compartment's door, looking directly at Briar. Briar smiled at him, but Ron was already speaking. "Briar, your dad's in the same compartment as us, and we don't know how to wake him up—"

     The full moon landed at the end of August, and the beginning of September. Immediately, Briar snapped, "Let him fucking sleep, he's obviously tired for a reason, for the love of Merlin!"

     Ron had paled and looked as though he would've whimpered if his brothers weren't there, sniggering. "So inconsiderate, Ron," said Fred.

     "He's obviously tired for a reason," said George.

     Briar's gaze went from Ron to the twins. They both went quiet. She looked at Ron, and let out a sigh. "He can sit with us, I wanted him to do that anyway," said Briar. The twins opened their mouths, but Lee kept his fastened, clearing him of the path of Briar's glare. "He's sitting with us, dipshits."

     The twins nodded, and Lee remained quiet, and Ron stared at him. He looked amazed that she had been able to shut up the twins quicker than Molly Weasley could. Briar would've smiled at the slight fear on Ron's face, but began marching down the compartment. Ron trailed behind her, regaining the colour in his face in the time it took to get from their compartment to the one that Briar knew was the Marauders' old one.

     She burst into the compartment, sitting next to her dad. Hermione and Harry opened their mouths but fidgeted to let Ron sit next to them, whilst Briar let out a sigh and nudged Remus' shoulder. "Never in my life have I been more annoyed that his heavy sleepiness didn't come in my genes," said Briar.