Chapter 19: obstacles

We walked side by side for a couple of blocks, my hands stuffed in my pockets since Yugyeom was making an obvious attempt to hold my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask wondering if ditching will really be worth it.

"I don't know yet. Let's see where the road takes us."

I point to the ground. "But we're on a sidewalk."

He rolls his eyes. "Typical Jee."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What's that supposed to me-"

"In here! Come on!" He takes my arm and practically shoves me into the door of a shop. An ice cream shop to be exact.

"Okay, you know I love ice cream, but why are we here."

He scratches the back of his neck nervously looking for I reason. "I was craving.." He just didn't want to answer my question.

He walks me over to a pink booth. And sits me down. "Wait here. I'll order for you."

I sigh and stay put. I wasn't going to try and run because a) the likelihood of him catching me is 100% and b) I want ice cream. Instead, I start to let my eyes roam around the little shop which turned out to not be so little at all. At the end by the cash register, there was a narrow hallway leading to a giant playground for little kids. I spot a ball pit and suddenly get a huge urge to just jump in there. But before I can sneak away to the playground, Yugyeom comes back with a huge bowl of ice cream. And I mean huge .
"Um, Yugyeom.."

"Surprise!" He hands me a mint colored spoon. "I couldn't decide what flavor you wanted since you love ice cream so much. Then I looked up and saw the couples special that included 5 flavors with unlimited toppings!"

I raise an eyebrow at him, knowing he just wanted to get that whole 'couples special' thing in my head. But he was right about the flavor thing. I love too many to have a favorite. Besides mint chocolate, ew. "Couples special huh?"

"Yep," he said and leaned in closer to my ear. "She even gave us a discount because she thought we were such a cute couple," he whispered. He put his arm around my shoulders and waved to the nice lady that served us. She waved back and clapped her hands together in happiness for us. I glared at him. "What? We have to make it believable but enough about that. Look!" He pointed at the ice cream. "It has all your favorites! Strawberry, moose tracks, cappuccino, the most chocolaty one, and Reese's peanut butter ice cream."

He got all of them right. Still.

"Oh and don't forget the toppings. I got as many as your big heart could desire. From sweet chocolate chips and sprinkles, red velvet bites to gummy bears.."

"GUMMY BEARS!"

"Still in love with them I see," he laughs.

"Duh. They've only been my favorite since like.. Since you gave me a bag everyday for lunch." I look down at my spoon, hoping to avoid his gaze. He obviously tried to make me remember some sort of cute detail of our old friendship..again.

I dip my spoon into the strawberry flavored ice cream and try to put it to my mouth. Before I can, Yugyeom's hand comes to turn my head to his face which was only two inches away from mine and only getting closer. Before he could do anything, I shoved the spoonful of creamy deliciousness into his mouth.

"Yummy right?" I ask while nervously tugging the bowl closer to me and devouring one spoonful after another. He just kinda slumped back in the booth in shame for getting obviously rejected. Oops.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, we finished the entire thing. Surprisingly. Oh who am I kidding? Everyone knows I could've eaten three of those things alone.

I kept turning my head to look at the playground. No one was in there. I guess he noticed my glances because he started laughing at my immature need to jump in the ball pit.

"What? Look, there's trampolines!"

He got up from the booth and took my hand to pull me up with him. "I figured you'd wanna go in there. Let's go!"

I raise my eyebrows at him. "Seriously?"

"I don't see why not. There's no kids and we have no where to be."

"We have school," I remind him.

"Big deal," he shrugs.

He pulls me down the little hallway into the big room of ten year old heaven. Its even cooler when you actually step in. They had obstacle courses, trampolines , arcade games, and so much more. The workers were just kinda staring at us but that's besides the point.

"I'll kick your ass at the obstacle course," he challenges.

"Ha, you wish."

"Let's see then."

"You're on." I tug his jacket so that he follows me to the intricate thing. We get to the start and place our hands on the rocks of the rock wall. "Ready, set, go!"

We both climb as fast as we could to the top of the wall and slide down the ramp. We run through the narrow spaces between various air bags and to a wall. We had to climb the rope to get to the top. This is where he started to take the lead considering I have no arm strength.

"No fair," I yelled halfway up.

"Not my fault," he mocks and he disappears further into the course.

I finally reach the top and run through the net surrounded wobbly bridge, being careful not to fall down. I could see him ahead of me, already climbing up a rope ladder to the tippy top of the course. I sprint to catch up to him. I wasn't going to let him win.

I climb up only to find him struggling to get through the small spaces leading to the slide. That led to the ball pit which determines the winner. I crawl through the spaces with ease and sit my self at the entrance of the long slide that would take me to my victory.

But before I push my self down he calls out, "Hey, not fair!"

I smirk at him. "Not my fault. Guess they call you giant maknae for a reason," I joke. I pushed myself down the slide and soon crash into the many colored pieces of plastic. "I win!" I yell as I throw some of the balls into the air in celebration.

He falls into the pit and shuffles through to get to me. "Congrats," he says sarcastically.

"What's my prize? Knowing that I kicked your butt yet again?"

"No," he says with his voice slightly deeper. "This is."

And he connected his lips to mine just like that.