Ch•20-Myth(Credit Scene)

I walked down the stairs, holding a frigid icepack to my throbbing shoulder. Stupid giant gun. Outside, the California sun had disappeared behind the horizon. The last of the seagulls were still fluttering around in the night air.

    Dad's computer sat blinking on the table. I remembered how Coulson said that he was going off to New Mexico for some Hammer type thing. It still floated around in my mind. I sat down at the table and typed in the Google search tab -

'Hammer thing in New Mexico'

Multiple articles popped up. I clicked on the first one.

    It talked about how the hammer won't move at all. Many rednecks had set up a camp around it to have a competition, to see who can pull it up first. Trucks and beer bottles were scattered around the area in the photo. I zoomed in on the hammer, trying to see what it looked like. Part of me was expecting a normal, wooden and metal hammer, but no, this one was different.

    The hammer part was different, larger, and stronger. The handle was also seemed to be made of metal, and a little strap was curled around in the end. It's funny because that seemed very familiar. I squinted my eyes, trying to remember where I've seen this before.

    I looked over to a bookshelf in the living room and ran over to it. There was something about that hammer that I recognize. Where on earth have I seen it?

    I searched the bookshelf and started flipping through each book, reading the names carefully. When I moved into this massive house with Dad, I brought a few books with me. Now I'm starting to remember some of them. I read each title till one stood out. The book was titled 'Mythology', other Gods and stuff like that.

    I grabbed the book and plopped back down at the table "let's see..." I started to flip through the pages. The book talked about Greek Gods. Zeus, Hades, and other people I don't care about. Next up was the Viking type Gods. Odin, Thor, Loki and others. I read every sentence extremely fast, until I flipped the page and there was a picture.

    A tall, blond man with body armor and a red cape. It was a pencil drawing but I could make out he details. The man held a hammer, similar to the one on the computer. I looked from the book to the computer screen, trying to see if the hammers were similar, they were.

    I thought these Gods were a Myth, some old stories that the olden people use to tell around a campfire. Thor, that was his name, the owner of the Hammer, Mjöllnir.

    I looked out the window, watching the sea waves move with the wind. He's out there, they all are. Thor.

I sighed, closing to book up tight.
"Oh God. Or... Gods, whatever"