Chapter 23. A Relative.

The tension was so high, it could easily be cut in half with a knife. My knees are no longer shaking, now that Lucius and Thorfinn drug Marleigh's stiff, dead body out of sight.

The air is so icy and cold that my body becomes numb.  My nose feels as if it's going to fall off. And, I feel just as frozen on the inside.

"You all came for a purpose, I'm sure. So, let's see it!" Voldemort takes a step towards the others, but his eyes are directly on Harry, "Attack me. Don't just stand there, waisting my time. Do what you came here to do!" He shouts, angrily.

The others look to eachother, in fear and confusion. I look at Draco, to see what his reaction to all of this is. He just stares at the others, bitterly.He feels my gaze on his face and looks to me.

"Are you okay?" He mouths to me. I just frown. What does he think? I just witnessed an innocent girl get murdered. And, I have no idea how this night could end.

In a small attempt to comfort, he squeezes my hand for a few seconds before dropping it to my side again. I settle my mouth in a fierce frown, as anger continues to boil in me. I just want to close my eyes and pretend this isn't happening. But, I'm not that naive. I know I put myself in this position.

I feel someone's eyes on me. I look over and meet eyes with Snape. I see an emotion on his face that I can't quite put a finger on... Defeat? Disappointment?

"Run," He mouths.

My blood runs cold. Run? What does he mean? I'm supposed to abandon the Dark Lord? And, what am I running from? I start to open my mouth to ask him, when I get interrupted by someone speaking up,

"Voldemort, this is between you and I. You are a coward for bringing all these other people into it." Harry Potter bravely takes a step forward.

Hermione looks at Ron in a panic. I can see fear filling her up. Harry is headed towards the same fate as Marleigh.

I envy Potter. Bravery is what I lack, and that's exactly why I was not placed into Gryffindor. Even as a child I would cry for Aaron whenever there was anything I was scared of; spiders, bullies, anything.

"You're exactly right. So, let's keep it between us for a moment." Voldemort nods, and then, with just a touch of his hand, Harry and Voldemort disappear.

The absense of the two shock us all. But, Bellatrix takes up the opportunity to put herself in the position of the leader.

"You all don't have Potter to protect you now!" She shouts and takes off towards them, in a frantic run.

Death Eaters follow her lead and take off running after my fellow Hogwarts students. Death Eaters pop out of nowhere, they jump out from behind trees, they swoop in on their brooms.

Draco follows her as well, but my feet feel frozen in place. I can't force them to move at all. I just watch wands whip spells at enemies, in horror.

"Go," I look up as Snape picks me up by the back of my robe and shoves me forward. I stumble to catch my balance and continue on, towards the battle breaking out in front of me.

I see sparks of light flying everywhere. People are getting knocked down, and wounded everywhere I look. I see two of the Ravenclaw girl's being chased by Lucius. I look to see if I can find the one person that's been on my mind; Ron.

I look around for him, but he, nor Hermione, are anywhere to be found. And, unfortunately, neither is Bellatrix...

"Go after him," Snape shoves me again, this time towards the edge of the forest. I see the back of a dirty blond head of hair; Aaron.