Chapter Sixteen- Follow your Dreams

Apparently, throughout the night the girls could see the truck circling around the campsite making crazy amounts of noise. Until someone came out and cursed them out, making them leave.

I, personally am scared to death that they already know that it's me. They know that Kat and I are in dance so that would make us the prime candidates, and obviously, Kat is out of the equation here with the whole boyfriend situation. I need to make sure that Jack doesn't find or get any confirmation that I am that girl. He can think it might be me all he wants but he cannot find out.

I flop back onto my couch in defeat, this was so stupid that he was looking for me. He's a playboy to the max, can't he just get over it already?

I heard my mom come into the room looking beyond happy, "Dawn I just got a call from your dance instructor! I can't believe she wants you to do the solo, this is great!" She was beaming... oh no I never officially agreed to do it... "I'm so proud that you're actually coming out of your shell." She came right up to me and gave me a big hug pulling me off the couch, she never gets this excited. I could feel my heart hurt for her. She's spent so much time worrying about me being alone and getting bullied. While I have never minded being along or ever really been bullied I all of a sudden felt a tremendous amount of guilt. She has just been so worried about me all these years and all I've done is to fight it. All just because I have been scared of what others will think of me I've stressed my poor mother to pieces. I should do something to make her proud, in a way I never have before.

"Hey, mom?"

She lets go and smiles at me, "Yes honey?"

I sigh, "I technically haven't taken the solo yet..." I could visibly see her face drop.

"Oh sweety that's completely fine but I think you still should anyways! I love you so much and I know that no matter how it goes it will be an amazing experience for you." The pure love she had was beginning to make me cry right there in my mother's lap.

I sniffed in my tears, "Don't worry mommy I'll do it this time." I laid my head down onto her lap, as she ran her hand through my hair. At this point I'm pretty sure I fell right asleep, plugging my right into my dreams.

I was sitting along a wide shoreline looking out onto the ocean, I twirled a drink in my hand calming and happily sitting there alone. Alone, I was there alone. Looking around I saw that I was at some kind of public beach, people began to walk all around; children were making castles by the water, one was flying a kite farther up the beach, while others were courageously running right into the waves that were just their size. I wonder what I would have done as a child. Would I have run headfirst into the waves or sit on the beach playing with shells? Does it matter if I'm not as brave as those who go face-first into the waves?

I stood up walking to and into the ocean. I just keep walking the water level never rising above my shins, it was warm and the sand on my toes was soft. I keep moving forward. Farther and Farther. Then I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see the shore miles away with a single figure waving frantically at me. I left them behind.

I turned back to the ocean to see a huge wave racing towards me. I was twice my size and looming closer by the second. I took a breath and ran straight at it. Someone called my name again as I hit was a wall of water. I felt my body go head over heels twirling me around in circles, at first as I kept tumbling I couldn't breathe. That was until I learned to. I opened my eyes and took a deep breath, I was still underwater but it was calming down. Looking around I could see the sun shining back into the water once again. There were fish below me as I was pushed by them swept along with the wave. The ground kept getting closer and closer until I finally hit the rock bottom.

I woke right up as my brother dropped me down into the chair next to the couch, and proceeded to jump at least a foot into the air still believing I was in my dream. I stared at him in confusion for a second before registering the glare he was sending in my direction.

"Because of you mom is getting all sentimental and wants to get out the home movies. You need to convince her not to." He said grumpily.

I proceeded to yawn in his face, "I don't see why this is such a big problem."

Zack gave me a disgusted face, "I wanted to invite the boys over today and that's not going to happen if she's going to be like this all day"

"Do you really think that I would help you after you completely crashed our camping trip? What the hell was that for?'

"Yet how is it fair that even though you're grounded you can suddenly go on all these trips and adventures yet because you don't talk to people."

"How is it fair that I'm grounded for doing nothing just because you were butt hurt about your cookie? Just how stupid can you be?" I was getting so frustrated with him, he was a large part of the reason that I don't talk in school. How can I go make friends when he scares them away before I can even get to them?

I grunted and rolled my back to him as he kept complaining on and on. Why would I help his friends that are trying to find basically me come to my house?

At some point, I must have fallen asleep during his complaining and awoke to a pair of smirking green eyes.

***********

Hey beauties! I'm so sorry about the lack of update, you'll never believe the shit I put myself through this past week right before finals!  Remember to always to be true to you, even if it means hurting yourself and others temperately, I learned that the hard way.  The updates will be getting ten times longer after I get home for the summer.

UPDATES EVERY THURSDAY 

SBB <3