Chapter 8

"There!"

His fur was now clean and silky looking. "You look adorable!" I squealed. I put a puffy pink bow on his head. His eyes glared at me as his body sat on my carpet. "Don't glare at me buddy, I can do a lot worse." I said wagging my finger at him.

He huffed.

A knock on the door made me jump. This caused grumpy to go into protective mode. Less than an a second he was in front of me and crouched lowly while he growled menacingly.

'Woah' I mouthed, shocked but amazed by his actions.

"It's ok, someone was just at the door."

Reluctantly he moved from his position but stayed by my side. His head by my waist.

Going downstairs with him following closely with,we reached the front door.

Looking through the peak hole I saw familiar blonde hair. 'Oh no.'
"Damn it!" I whispered shouted.

"What the hell is he doing here?"

At 'he' grumpy started growling. Loudly I might add.

Backing away from the door hoping the douche bag would take a hint and leave.

"Laura! I know your here!"
His sickly voice rang out.

Cringing, I still ignored the door.

"C'mon babe answer the door!"

Looking at grumpy I saw his teeth were set in a snarl, large teeth on dispaly showing his dangerous stance.

Looking back and forth between the door and grumpy an idea hit me.

"Hey grumpy," I called. His looked to me his body relaxing a bit before tightening up when he heard another knock. "If I open the door, will you scare him off for me?"

When I saw the micheaous and murderous glare, I quickly changed my words.

"Scare. Not hurt." I told him sternly.

When I thought he was good I crept towards the door. My feet on their tippy toes.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"