Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N: I can't even express my gratitude towards you guys enough! We're more than 13K reads and 600 votes. Wasn't it just the last chapter that we were at 12K reads? Thank you so much, I seriously can't thank you enough <3 I love writing this story so much, and I hope that you enjoy it too.

-Sophia, xoxo

°°°°

I watch as the blood swirls down the drain. The water pours down my skin and wipes me clean of the earlier events. Two faint scars run down alongside my arms and I shudder as the memory of his claws digging into my flesh replays in my mind. Apparently werewolf blood is healing, so Asher shipped me off to the doctor. The scars were barely visible now. Exclamations and voices draws my attention from the crimson colored water disappearing from the shower's smooth marbled surface. I turn the knob and wrap myself in a fluffy towel, relishing in the feeling of soft cotton against clean skin. I pad into the bedroom and smile to myself when I notice the mattress placed neatly next to the bed, untouched.

Asher will be stuck on that for a while.

Is that mean of me? Kicking him to the floor but sleeping in the bed myself in his own bedroom?

Nah, he can deal.

But wouldn't it be the same as in the tent?

Purely survival measures.

I shake my head and pull on a shirt and jeans, slipping my feet into my fellow reindeer slippers.

Yes. When Asher came to abduct me from my house, I had my priorities sorted.

My wet hair is already drying into annoying little curls around my face, but I exit the room, looking up and down the hallway. Shut doors line the walls on both sides. Suddenly a door flies open and a very familiar girl steps into the hallway, freezing when she sees me.

"What are you doing here?" asks Aiyana, looking at me with something very close to disgust. I remember Asher's words, telling me that there never was anything going on between them. Looking at the unspoken thoughts in her eyes now though, I have a feeling that she doesn't think the same way.

-Well, I was abducted, and now I kind of live here." I reply nonchalantly, acting as though seeing her doesn't annoy me the slightest. But hey, the girl attacked me last time, nervousness is totally normal right? That thought brings another question to my mind that I'd been turning around in my mind for quite some time.

Aiyana curtly nods and steps around me to walk down, but I reach for her arm. She stops and looks at me with surprise, before covering that up and shrugging my hand off of her.

"Don't touch me.

-Stop being a bitch for a second and please just listen to me." I breathe out with annoyance, kind of fed up with her attitude at this point.

-Excuse me?

-Listen, remember when you told me that I had to learn to fight to protect the pack, or I would never be fit for this?"

She crosses her arms with a smug smirk, shrugging. "Those weren't my exact words-

-Well I thought," I cut her off, "why don't you teach me then?"

-What?" Her eyes widen and I flash my most innocent smile possible.

-You seem to be the only one who's concerned about it anyway, so teach me.