Chapter seis

"Can you please not stand there awkwardly?!" I throw my hands up in the air. What is wrong with this boy? The whole dinner has been awkward for, I assume, the both of us. First he was chatting with my mother a little, after greeting her with a hug. Then his grandmother and I had conversation too, which kind of ended when she mentioned Hades' and mine old friendship.

Ever since then we've avoided eye contact with each other. And now that dinner's over and I excused myself, while the adults were having a little chat he decided to come up to my room and lean against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest, for whatever reason. It's ticking me off how easily his existence even can bother me.

"Nope." He answers and I roll my eyes so hard, I'm surprised they're still in their place. I get up, nearing him and almost laugh when he straightest his back and frowns, as if he didn't know what I was doing next. I shut the door in his face and smile, before hearing him groan. Shit, did I break something? I hear him saying 'bitch' before I open the door again.

"Did you just call me a bitch?" I asked, surprised. I didn't know he would go that far and insult me. He gulps and stops rubbing his forehead. Did he really just call me a bitch? Again?!

"You slammed the door in my fucking face." He reasons, shrugging his shoulders. I suck on my teeth and nod my head.

"Huh." I say and close the door again, only to have it opened a second later by Hades. I ignore him and sit back down on my chair and take my phone out. I shouldn't be that surprised by the fact that he is calling me bad names. I mean, no judging intended, but he's been in jail for two years. Would be a miracle if he came out the same as before.

"Listen, you can't just be mad at me after you almost broke my nose. I think I am the one who should be mad at you." I hear him say, but since I'm ignoring him, I don't even react. He groans and sits down on my bed. Now I wouldn't care if he would just stand there awkwardly without saying anything. Why was he in my room again?

"I guess since my hobby is leaving, yours would be shutting people out. Because that's what you do quite often as far as I remember." He says, looking at me and I laugh coldly. He didn't just go there. Guess he really did hear me.

"You don't know me." I defend and it's his time to snort and shake his head. He doesn't. I've changed over those two years that he has been in jail. Not only physically, but I also changed my attitude and views in life. Trust me when I say that for him, I must be a whole new person.

"Sure, I don't. We've only spent more than half of our lives together. But I don't know you. Like at all, I don't." He says sarcastically, making me stand up from my chair and stand in front of him with crossed arms. He keeps seated on my bed, looking just as angry as myself. I study his face for a really short second and internally groan.

Puberty did really hit him good. His chubby cheeks are replaced with defined cheekbones and his jaw, well it's always been sharp, so no surprise there. His bushy eyebrows make him seem so much more masculine and grown up than he already is. His eyes are still that beautiful honey gold color, that in my opinion, has always been his best feature.

"You've been away for two years. I have changed and-"
"That, you did. I could see that." He stands up, mirroring my stance and clenching his jaw.

"Since when are you going to clubs and dance with random guys?" He asks, nearing me. I stand my ground and glare at him. Since when does he care again?

"What I'm doing is none of your business and just for your information: I am not that weak little girl anymore that depended on you." I answer and he nods, the bones in his jaw jumping, while he looks away. I decide to put a cherry on top of that and open my mouth again.