Chapter 16

PLEASE READ: Hello! J So thanks aging for reading my story. I know that I am totally letting you guys down by taking long to upload. In my defence I am at University doing my honours year, I have work to do every day and it drains the life out of me. Whenever I get a chance to write I do. Will you please be a little patient with me with regards to uploads because as much as I love writing I have to focus on my studies.

High Fives to those of you who don't mind the wait.

Some of you are asking questions. So maybe I should do a q & a where you can ask me anything and I will try to answer. But not give a way anything. I don't exactly know how to go about it, does anybody have suggestions? TRY: http://ask.fm/apathetic_Remorse

A Reader suggested I get KIK messenger so if you want to chat with me my username is apathetic_Remorse or Tee Wattpad.

I'm sorry for the long essay lol. Just thought I would inform you.

Enjoy the chapter

Hearts

Tee

****

Dedication to 17Serenity for the lovely covers she has made

"When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide."

Chapter 16

As soon as Alpha Carter left the room I literally broke down and cried. Tears were unfamiliar to me, I never cried, it was a show of weakness. I was so unsure of myself and the things that were happening, I was losing my self-control.

Emotions made me weak.

Being with him would strengthen the mate bond, I didn't know what to expect from that. Neither of us could afford for that to happen. I would be left pining after him, needing something from him that he didn't want.

Maybe this could be a good opportunity to possibly find out why, find a way out of this situation. I don't want to know the reason why he doesn't want me, that would only make me feel more worthless but I need to know why he won't reject me. Why is he stringing me along and being such a jerk about it. I'm beginning to think he get some pleasure seeing me hurt. Does he even realise?

I could use this situation to my advantage.

To reject him.

Once and for all.

****

I stayed in bed for the day. Not that I could do anything or go anywhere. My body ached so much; being unconscious for two days was really exhausting. By the time nightfall came I was wide awake, tossing and turning. Inherently I Dreaded being in such close proximity to Alpha Carter.

The pack doctor came to check on me a few times; on his last check-in he had upped my pain killer dosage so that I could sleep 'peacefully'. He didn't seem to be affected by my heat; he was old with white hair and caring brown eyes. I know him as one of my grandfather's closest friends. Would he tell my grandfather what happened?

After a while I began to feel drowsy, I was fighting sleep because deep down and I mean really deep down inside the depth of my being I was ecstatic, elated in my own utopia because my mate would be sleeping next to me. That part of me was very small however, the bigger part wanted to crawl under a rock and die.

I drifted in and out of sleep until I felt his presence, my sorry excuse of a mate. My heart began beating rapidly, my palms began to sweat, and my scent became stronger as if my soul called to him. Like an annoying song playing in the back of my head that I couldn't switch off but my wolf danced her heart out. The dance could've been very seductive, calling out to my mate's inner wolf. I couldn't be sure because all I wanted to do was puke my guts out.