Common Grounds

As night fell, you announced you would have the first watch and for everyone to get to bed. The crew protested and protested that they could do this.

"I can do it. Come on!" A short black haired woman with stubborn gray eyes pleaded with you. The ship's head doctor, Taka. Who you remembered helping with her village with a deadly disease that was caused by pirates. The fact she became a pirate to follow you is something great indeed.

You shook your head.

"Just go to sleep all of you. It's alright."

You then glanced at the two Warlords.

"You guys can sleep in the Captain's quarters, since I'll be in the observation deck and all—."

You paused.

"Actually, never mind. One of you find somewhere else to sleep."

You don't want the ship to get destroyed. You saw Mihawk go towards the head of the ship with the dragon figurehead and sat. You didn't really pay any attention to Doflamingo as you went up to the observation deck and sat on the sofa looking out the sea. Hours passed.

And more hours.

And you were still on watch. Looking at the waves with slightly tired eyes as you rubbed them. You felt someone coming up and you had a hand on your hilt, and kept it there once you saw the bright blond head of Doflamingo.

"Why aren't you asleep?"

"Why aren't you?" He turned the question towards you. "To keep watch, you have to switch with somebody for it to work little marine." Doflamingo got closer and you tightened your hand on your hilt of Karasu, making Doflamingo grin.

"I don't bite."

You gave him an unbelieving stare.

His grin widened in amusement.
"Fufu~, only a little." He relented with a small laugh.

You watched him sit a few feet away from you in the couch, and said nothing as your gaze went back towards the sea.

Doflamingo.

Possibly the most perverted man you have ever met.

A man no one should mess with.

A man that can control you and cause you to kill even your own comrades if he felt like it.

The man who has a certain view of the world, and always having an unfaltering grin on his face.

Always there.

A man, that is too much like you.

Your eyes lowered in thought.

He sees the world like how you see it.
Pirates and marines being equal in terms of commiting evil acts. What justice means. How the world works. Everything.

Everything that you have heard him say, you believe within you as well.

The life you led as CP9 member made you see things. Made you do things. Making you have those images stuck in your mind forever, bleached into your eyes. Almost every time you went to sleep, you're plagued by nightmares.

Nightmares of bloody hands.

Screams demanding mercy.

Eyes filled with betrayal and pure shock.

You see them all.

You always do.

You hate it.

You hate it so much. You bit your lip as you were plagued with memories of the past you want to forget.