XV

Listen while you read:
Havick x Picture Me Broken - Beautiful Disguise

________________________________

Lauren and Normani ran down the street with everything they had. The thought of anything happening to their friends put both women in a panic. Normani was on the verge of tears because her thoughts began to be too much for her. Lauren noticed the track stars' distress and was fueled with anger; anger that these people were creating pain into her friend and possible the others as well. The two practically raced to the high school once it was in sight. They both burst through the double doors and ran down the hallways.

"Do you think the gym is down here?" Normani asked as Lauren kept running.

Eventually they entered a locker room and searched for another door that would most likely lead into the gym. Their hunch was right and they slowly entered the large empty room. The moonlight bounced from the shining floors and lit the entire gym in a blue luster. Normani and Lauren looked around cautiously searching for anyone.

"Hello?" Normani said, her voice echoing off the walls. Then the doors opened.

Walking in were Camila, Allyson, and Dinah with their hands tied behind their backs and a rag over their mouths. Pushing them inside were a group of five people. Lauren began taking quick steps towards them in anger, but was stopped by Normani who held the silent woman back.

"Give us the rest of your weapons." An Asian looking man in glasses spoke with an Australian accent.

"Give us our friends." Normani argued.

"We can't really trust you on that. What if we give you your friends and you keep the weapons?" The oldest man spoke.

"What if you?"

"Fair point. We meet in the middle. Give us both your knives and we'll give you one. Then hand over your guns and we'll give you two."

"Let's do that." Normani said taking out her knife and holding out her hand for Lauren's, who gave it up gladly.

Normani walked towards the middle as did the green haired man, ushering Allyson forward. Normani was a bit annoyed with them when she seen him wearing Ally's camouflage hat. Normani reached for Ally's arm as she began to hand over the knives. Lauren stared intently as they began to trade, making sure they weren't trying anything. The trade was complete and Ally sighed in relief once she was in Normani's grasp. She walked the short woman back where Lauren stood and untied her.

"He has my hat." Ally whispered as Normani was quick to shush her.

Lauren then took Normani's pistol as well as her own and began waking forward. The oldest man walked forward along with the man in glasses as they pushed the other two forward. As Lauren got closer and closer, she could see the anger Dinah was feeling, but when she seen Camila her brown eyes were glistening in tears as she feared for her life. Lauren grit her teeth and stopped only a few feet away from both men. It took everything in Lauren not to pistol whip them both, but Lauren controlled herself. At the same time, both men pushed Dinah and Camila toward Lauren, who then harshly threw the guns at the men.

"Pleasure doing business with you, ladies." The Australian man smirked.

Lauren flipped them off before walking back with Dinah and Camila.

As soon as Dinah reached their side, Normani practically threw herself onto Dinah in a hug. Lauren untied Camila while Normani was doing the same with Dinah. Camila turned around to see the green eyes that saved her, but instead of those eyes being filled with sincerity, they were practically oozing irritation and anger.