The Date

"Let's go then" I said to her and she nodded.

"Wait for me downstairs. I will be there in a minute" I read her text.

I smiled at her and went downstairs.

"Found what you were looking for Mr. Reynolds?" The maid asked, giving me a knowing smile.

"Yes, Ms. Beth, I found what I was looking for" I grinned at the maid.

A few minutes later, Kate came down the stairs. She was now dressed in a pair of jeans and a shirt. Her long hair was pulled back in a bun.

I held open the front door for her and then helped her in the car. We drove to the Tiffany's in silence, a comfortable silence.

Upon reaching, we stepped in and an attendant immediately came up to us.

"Ah, young Mr. Reynolds, how may we help you today? Perhaps there is a wedding coming soon?" The attendant said looking back and forth between us.

Kate blushed at his remark.

"No Mr. Crichton, not yet, but I have come here to buy some jewelry for my younger sister." I said and the attendant nodded.

"Please come this way" He said motioning for them to follow. I turned around to see if Kate was following but saw her standing in front of the display, looking at a necklace. It was a simple necklace with a pendant shaped like a butterfly. The body of the butterfly was made of a diamond and the wings were of platinum and were carved with design.

I could see that Kate loved it as she lifted her hand and stroked the glass that held the pendant.

"Hey Kate, let's go" I said to her and she looked at me and came to my side.

"You go in there and choose for Kiara. I will be with you in a minute." I said to her and she nodded and left.

I went up to the sales lady and asked her for the pendant.

"I want the diamond replaced with a violet stone" I said to the lady.

"It will be 10,000 dollars extra upon the given price" She informed me and I raised my eyebrow.

"Sorry sir." She said as she hurriedly went back inside to get the replacement done.

Few minutes later a man walked out with the necklace and beamed at me.

"An excellent choice sir. This violet colored stone is a rare piece and it suits this design beautifully."

I nodded as I paid for the necklace and pocketed it.

I went to Kate who was looking at a pair of earrings. She smiled at me and showed me two pairs which she liked. I couldn't pay any attention to the earrings as I was too enchanted by her. She was waving her hands and gesturing and then smacking her forehead with her hand when she realized I didn't understand sign language and then laughing out loud again.

Yes, I was in love with her.

In the end we got two pairs of earrings and the necklace which Kiara had wanted. I could feel the necklace which I got for Kate in my pocket and smiled.

We drove to a nearby Italian restaurant, which was my favorite and were immediately taken to a table. The waiter handed us our menu and at the same time he was busy checking out Kate. I cleared my throat and he looked at me. I shot him a glare and he scurried off.

"So what would you like to order?" I asked her as I looked through the menu.

She leaned forward and kept the menu between us. She then closed her eyes and dragged her finger up and down the list. After a minute she stopped and opened her eyes. She looked down and smiled and then looked up at me. I leaned forward and read the item her finger was pointing at.

It was pasta with extra sauce. I laughed as I read it and Kate blushed. She pulled my menu and kept it on the table and grabbed my hand. Her touch sent sparks up my arm and I gaped at her. I shook my head and placed my finger on the list and dragged it up and down by closing my eyes. She tapped my arm and I opened my eyes to see that I had selected pizza with chicken topping.

The waiter came and we ordered the food along with cold drinks. We ate our lunch in silence with me frequently stealing glances in her direction. She offered her pasta while took a slice from my pizza. We finished up and I drove her back to the house.

I parked out front and grabbed her hand just as she was about to step out.

"I have something for you." I said to her. I removed the necklace from my pocket and asked her to turn around. She twisted in her seat.

"Close your eyes" I said

I took out the necklace from the box and clasped it around her neck. Her hand immediately went up and to touch the necklace. Kate gasped as she looked at the pendant and back at me.

"It matched your beautiful eyes" I whispered to her.

I leaned forward and softly kissed her cheek.

"Thank you for today Kate" I said to her and she opened the door and ran to the front door and just as she was about to enter inside, she turned around and blew me a kiss.

I couldn't keep the grin of my face as I drove back home.