Chapter 79- Hands Of A Crazy Man

"Look, tomorrow we gotta clear this place out." Rick announced to the group as we sat around the campfire.

"Shouldn't we take a week off?" Carol asked hopefully.

"No, think of all the supplies we'll get. Food, water, medical supplies." Rick listed off.

"Guns." Daryl muttered from next to me. I nodded and snuggled closer to his chest. His arm was tightly wrapped around my waist as I rested my head against his shoulder. For the first time in our entire relationship, Daryl was actually showing me affection in public.

"These assholes don't stand a chance!" Rick exclaimed as everyone pondered Rick's idea.

"Then whats the plan?" T-Dog asked casually.

"Simple Mariah, Daryl, Maggie, T-dog and me will go inside the compound. While the rest of you kill any near the fences." Rick said sternly.

I yawned and continued to listen to Ricks plan. Apparently I fell asleep, because the next thing I knew I was lying in a sleeping bag with Daryl. I yawned sleepily and nudged his shoulder. He moaned and stuck his face into the pillow.

I chuckled and crawled out of the warm sleeping bag. I still wore my leather jacket and the outfit I picked out at Woodbury.

I felt bad for leaving Martinez in the hands of a crazy man, but he never would have came with me. I stretched my back out and looked towards Rick who was loading his gun. I walked over and picked up my single sword laying next to him.

"Where'd you find your sword by the way?" Rick asked as a threw the sword over my shoulder.

"I found it ditched on the side of the road." I lied quickly. He narrowed his eyes but nodded.

"So whats the plan?" I asked before Rick could ask anymore questions.

"Well, were gonna go in a formation. Use melee weapons only." He responded casually.

I nodded and listened to the sound of my intestines grumbling for food. "Um is there any food?" I asked hopefully.

Rick handed me a small can, filled halfway with broth. I frowned and drank the broth. It didn't satisfy my ever growing hunger but it would have to work.

I frowned and walked over to Daryl. I kicked him in the butt and he didn't even move. "Get up, everyones almost ready." I mumbled as I looked around camp.

Majority of the camp were preparing for the battle of the Prison, I looked over at Tayler who joked around with Allison.

I smiled and looked as Tayler sharpened her knife, using a crappy pocket knife.

I sighed and unzipped the sleeping bag. I lifted up a corner of the sleeping bag and pulled it so Daryl fell out onto the grass.

He groaned and climbed to his feet shooting me a dirty look. "Come on Daryl." I laughed and he scowled at me.

I strolled over to Maggie, T-Dog, Glenn and Rick. "Ready?" Rick asked.

"Ready." Daryl responded.